Apr 2, 2014, 2:01 AM EDT
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while checking out the best party school near you…
Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers. The Los Angeles Lakers don’t play much defense, which makes it fun for whoever is playing against them. Tonight it was Portland’s turn to score at will — Damian Lillard had 34 points and 8 assists on the night, including 11 in the fourth quarter to keep the Lakers at bay and get Portland a much needed win. We could have chosen LaMarcus Aldridge for this spot, he had 31 points, 15 rebounds and 6 assists. However, Lillard got the nod mostly an excuse to run this video.
Nick Young, Los Angeles Lakers. Swaggy P tried to shoot the Lakers into this one — he made his first 8 shots on the night and finished with 40 points on 15-of-26 shooting, as part of that he knocked down six threes. It was a vintage hot hand Nick Young night, it just wasn’t enough because of the aforementioned Lakers’ defense.
Joe Johnson, Brooklyn Nets. He had a relatively quiet 32 points — Johnson was getting his shots inside the flow of the offense and was getting good looks agains the Rockets. He finished the game 13-of-21 shooting including 4-of-8 from three. Johnson was a sniper in this game, which is what the Nets need him to be in the playoffs — with the win the Nets guaranteed themselves a playoff spot.
Stephen Curry/Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors. Golden State’s starting backcourt combined for 50 points on the night, 17 of those in the fourth quarter and overtime. When the Warriors backcourt is knocking down shots they can hang with anyone, and they were key in one of the more entertaining and playoff-like games of the season. Then with the entire game on the line Curry did this.
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 4
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 9
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 21
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6