Apr 2, 2014, 2:01 AM EDT
Our quick look around the NBA, or what you missed while checking out the best party school near you…
Damian Lillard, Portland Trail Blazers. The Los Angeles Lakers don’t play much defense, which makes it fun for whoever is playing against them. Tonight it was Portland’s turn to score at will — Damian Lillard had 34 points and 8 assists on the night, including 11 in the fourth quarter to keep the Lakers at bay and get Portland a much needed win. We could have chosen LaMarcus Aldridge for this spot, he had 31 points, 15 rebounds and 6 assists. However, Lillard got the nod mostly an excuse to run this video.
Nick Young, Los Angeles Lakers. Swaggy P tried to shoot the Lakers into this one — he made his first 8 shots on the night and finished with 40 points on 15-of-26 shooting, as part of that he knocked down six threes. It was a vintage hot hand Nick Young night, it just wasn’t enough because of the aforementioned Lakers’ defense.
Joe Johnson, Brooklyn Nets. He had a relatively quiet 32 points — Johnson was getting his shots inside the flow of the offense and was getting good looks agains the Rockets. He finished the game 13-of-21 shooting including 4-of-8 from three. Johnson was a sniper in this game, which is what the Nets need him to be in the playoffs — with the win the Nets guaranteed themselves a playoff spot.
Stephen Curry/Klay Thompson, Golden State Warriors. Golden State’s starting backcourt combined for 50 points on the night, 17 of those in the fourth quarter and overtime. When the Warriors backcourt is knocking down shots they can hang with anyone, and they were key in one of the more entertaining and playoff-like games of the season. Then with the entire game on the line Curry did this.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 23
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 22
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48