Apr 2, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
The perils of being 7-foot-1 and fouling a guard. I think Leonard meant only to prevent Marshall from making a shot while being fouled, but because Marshall is so much shorter, Leonard hit him high.
I still think it’s the right call, though. Intent should not matter in cases like this. Despite his height, Leonard should take care not to make plays that come with such high risk of injuring opponents.
(video hat tip: Ben Golliver of Point Forward)
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 0
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 4
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 30
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 10
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34