Apr 2, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
The perils of being 7-foot-1 and fouling a guard. I think Leonard meant only to prevent Marshall from making a shot while being fouled, but because Marshall is so much shorter, Leonard hit him high.
I still think it’s the right call, though. Intent should not matter in cases like this. Despite his height, Leonard should take care not to make plays that come with such high risk of injuring opponents.
(video hat tip: Ben Golliver of Point Forward)
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 7
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34