Apr 1, 2014, 6:11 PM EDT
Reggie Evans earned a flagrant-two foul and an ejection for leading with his elbow and clobbering Anthony Davis in the face on Monday, and a day later, he’s earned a $15,000 fine from the league office.
Evans definitely used some unnecessary force on the play, (which can be seen at the 27-second mark in the video clip above), and the ejection was the right call by the officials. As for the fine, the way Evans chose to leave the floor was likely a contributing factor.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47