Apr 1, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Rajon Rondo is only playing one end of a back-to-back and he played almost 38 minutes Sunday night.
So since he was already in a suit on Monday he joined the media and for a quarter was the color analyst for the Celtics’ broadcast on Comcast Sportsnet New England, sitting next to Mike Gorman. He did a pretty good job and said a few interesting things:
• He said he’s “almost at 100 percent” physically (but the Celtics are being cautious still, not playing him back-to-back games.
• He had praise for rookie Phil Pressey.
• It’s not on this video, but he said he’d love to play with Joakim Noah… not in an “I want out of Boston” way but admiring how hard and smart Noah plays.
Rondo also was visited by Bennie the Bull, who had a little snack for Rondo.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29