Apr 1, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
That is a clear flop — and one that got the call, which is why guys do this.
It was a close game, there were three minutes left and the Pistons were up four, when Brandon Jennings missed a floater and the Bucks’ Jeff Adrien grabbed the board and came down. Jennings was close to him, got brushed, and then fell to the ground.
The referees called a foul on Adrien. By the way, the Pistons went on to win the game (not because of this call, but again, this is why guys flop).
Jennings had been warned for flopping by the league back in December (against the Rockets) so for this one the league hit Jennings with a $5,000 fine.
Four players had already received a flopping fine this season: James Harden, Corey Brewer, Lance Stephenson and Mario Chalmers. Another 22 players have gotten a warning from the league but there is no fine with the first offense.
Last summer David Stern could not get the league’s competition committee to stiffen the flopping fines, so they remain ineffectual. It will be interesting to see if newly minted commissioner Adam Silver has better luck. You know flopping is going to come up as an issue in the playoffs and Silver will have to address it.
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 14
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 16
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 41
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 56
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 17