Apr 1, 2014, 10:18 AM EDT
But this is a new level of LeBron’s rapping career.
LeBron and childhood friend Sian Cotton, an aspiring rapper, recorded “Kingdom” as a remix of Jay-Z’s “F**kwithmeyouknowIgotit,” according to TMZ. In the song – you can listen to it here – LeBron raps a full verse.
The verse strikes many of the same tones as LeBron’s infamous statement after losing the 2011 Finals. It’s a bit less pointed at his critics and more palatable in this format, but LeBron’s pleasure with his lot in life has not diminished.
I just docked us off of France killa
Shots so bright I got a tan killa
Try to catch up it’s a waste of time (waste of time, waste of time)
I grind you hard let you take mine (never, never)
AP watch drop next month (month, month)
60 racks on ya bitch to stunt (stunt, stunt)
Fall back before you fall out
My team eating, the rest of y’all drought (drought, drought)
Say what you want about the king,
Got money, got cribs, got whips, and oh yeaaa (bleeped) got 2 rings (2 rings, 2 rings)
Cribs sick, tall like, Costco’s,
Gotta keep getting that Robert, DeNiro, don’t fear you
I understand you can’t compete bro, but you see here, is royalty,
You can’t beat me, ya better join me, over at six feet, underneath (underneath, underneath)
Where my crown Shi (where my crown Shi, where my crown Shi)
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 8pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
In basketball terms, this is Udonis Haslem making a layup after LeBron uses his incredible athleticism to steal the ball and then Dwyane Wade throws a three-quarter court pass to Haslem open near the basket. It’s making the simple play, avoiding looking silly by getting to fancy.
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 2
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 2
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23