LeBron James raps: ‘Got money, got cribs, got whips, and oh yeaaa, got two rings’

Apr 1, 2014, 10:18 AM EDT

Toronto Raptors v Miami Heat

LeBron James has dabbled with rapping publicly. He’s even recorded himself rapping over a Jay-Z track before.

But this is a new level of LeBron’s rapping career.

LeBron and childhood friend Sian Cotton, an aspiring rapper, recorded “Kingdom” as a remix of Jay-Z’s “F**kwithmeyouknowIgotit,” according to TMZ. In the song – you can listen to it here – LeBron raps a full verse.

The verse strikes many of the same tones as LeBron’s infamous statement after losing the 2011 Finals. It’s a bit less pointed at his critics and more palatable in this format, but LeBron’s pleasure with his lot in life has not diminished.

As transcribed by TMZ:

I just docked us off of France killa

Shots so bright I got a tan killa

Try to catch up it’s a waste of time (waste of time, waste of time)

I grind you hard let you take mine (never, never)

AP watch drop next month (month, month)

60 racks on ya bitch to stunt (stunt, stunt)

Fall back before you fall out

My team eating, the rest of y’all drought (drought, drought)

Say what you want about the king,

Got money, got cribs, got whips, and oh yeaaa (bleeped) got 2 rings (2 rings, 2 rings)

Cribs sick, tall like, Costco’s,

Gotta keep getting that Robert, DeNiro, don’t fear you

I understand you can’t compete bro, but you see here, is royalty,

You can’t beat me, ya better join me, over at six feet, underneath (underneath, underneath)

Where my crown Shi (where my crown Shi, where my crown Shi)

Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 8pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.

In basketball terms, this is Udonis Haslem making a layup after LeBron uses his incredible athleticism to steal the ball and then Dwyane Wade throws a three-quarter court pass to Haslem open near the basket. It’s making the simple play, avoiding looking silly by getting to fancy.

1. bjswoosh805 - Apr 1, 2014 at 6:47 PM

The hottest rapper under the sun.

2. eugenesaxe1 - Apr 1, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Kobe’s dis-rap reply:

“Count my rings and shut up junior. Word.”

3. unfrozencavemanlawyer2 - Apr 1, 2014 at 8:53 PM

“I’m outstanding.” Shaq.

4. haaaaasoooooo - Apr 1, 2014 at 10:07 PM

Kobe. How my a$$ taste? That French kid, le Bron, cannot rap! Guess who is making this weeks Shaqtin the fool list???????Barkley doing Sinatra was better than that!

5. ninthwardfriend - Apr 1, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Man you got kids. That’s what is wrong with the black community, foolish, selfish, degrading RAP. And this fool want people to buy his shoes, mainly poor drug selling black kids? Wake Up….F#%¥ that….

• spthegr8 - Apr 1, 2014 at 10:47 PM

^^^ what in the BLUE HELL are you talking about?? I’m sure you don’t know. Just rambling!!^^^

6. djshnooks - Apr 1, 2014 at 10:48 PM

Hate him even more now.

Just please go away. You’re a joke to old-school basketball…ya know, back when basketball was actually fun to watch because they competed and cared about winning championships and awards?

That’s been gone a long time…all they care about is getting a paycheck, spending that paycheck…and eventually going broke.

I played basketball my entire life. My cousin and uncle played d-1. I coached high school for 2 years…worst sport ever.

• blueintown - Apr 1, 2014 at 10:57 PM

Gets better every year. Won the last two championships. Wins every award imagineable.

Grow the hell up.

7. imakcds - Apr 2, 2014 at 10:07 AM

LeBron has NEVER shown any Class, and idc how good he is on the court, I will never root for this self absorbed narcissist.

• imakcds - Apr 2, 2014 at 10:09 AM

redundant for emphasis, he is his own and only focus.

8. nykfanwakemeupin2015 - Apr 2, 2014 at 11:10 AM

This just shows no one has ever told Lebron he has done a bad job at anything in life. He has been babied and becuase of that he is delusional in thinking there is any talent in this track. I was uncomfortable listening to it.

• blueintown - Apr 2, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Suggestion: don’t listen to it, and go on with your day.

What are impacts of NBA's new TV deal?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches