Apr 1, 2014, 7:16 PM EST
Well, you don’t see that every day.
Goran Dragic is a hero in Slovenia — at least until they learn he likely will not play for them this summer at the World Cup — and so he now has his own tribute music video. I can’t explain it, but the guys at Suns.com found it and asked Dragic about it (hat tip to Zach at Eye on Basketball).
According to Dragic, the video is from a Slovenian comedian and impersonator named Klemen Slakonja — we’re guessing is the foreign equivalent to Frank Caliendo minus the Jon Gruden impression — who has a national television show. The guard said a lot of it, including the scenes with the stone dragons, are filmed in his hometown. And, while we couldn’t get him to sing it, the Dragon told us the lyrics are satirically praising his evolution as a basketball player.
I don’t like to think that there are more Frank Caliendos in the world.
As for Slakonja’s work here…. visually it’s good. I’m a little rusty on my Slovene, so I’ll leave the lyrics up to you.
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 5
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 22
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1