Apr 1, 2014, 7:16 PM EDT
Well, you don’t see that every day.
Goran Dragic is a hero in Slovenia — at least until they learn he likely will not play for them this summer at the World Cup — and so he now has his own tribute music video. I can’t explain it, but the guys at Suns.com found it and asked Dragic about it (hat tip to Zach at Eye on Basketball).
According to Dragic, the video is from a Slovenian comedian and impersonator named Klemen Slakonja — we’re guessing is the foreign equivalent to Frank Caliendo minus the Jon Gruden impression — who has a national television show. The guard said a lot of it, including the scenes with the stone dragons, are filmed in his hometown. And, while we couldn’t get him to sing it, the Dragon told us the lyrics are satirically praising his evolution as a basketball player.
I don’t like to think that there are more Frank Caliendos in the world.
As for Slakonja’s work here…. visually it’s good. I’m a little rusty on my Slovene, so I’ll leave the lyrics up to you.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 13
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29