Mar 31, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Kevin Love on the Nets’ turning their season around after rough start amidst high expectations: “They’re in the East.”
— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) March 31, 2014
Reality is beginning to set in with the Timberwolves, a team that was expected by many to be in the postseason picture. But thanks to a combination of injuries and failed execution, Minnesota will miss the playoffs entirely, putting further pressure on the franchise to improve next season at all costs, lest they lose Kevin Love to free agency.
Brooklyn notched a 15-point victory on a night where Love simply didn’t have it, finishing with 14 points on 5-of-14 shooting in 33 minutes of action.
Love wasn’t exactly in the mood to complement the team he just lost to, and while he was simply telling the truth to a certain extent, there was a level of frustration there considering that the Timberwolves, now with a record of 36-36, would currently be the seven seed in the playoffs if they too played in the East.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29