Mar 31, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
Kevin Love on the Nets’ turning their season around after rough start amidst high expectations: “They’re in the East.”
— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) March 31, 2014
Reality is beginning to set in with the Timberwolves, a team that was expected by many to be in the postseason picture. But thanks to a combination of injuries and failed execution, Minnesota will miss the playoffs entirely, putting further pressure on the franchise to improve next season at all costs, lest they lose Kevin Love to free agency.
Brooklyn notched a 15-point victory on a night where Love simply didn’t have it, finishing with 14 points on 5-of-14 shooting in 33 minutes of action.
Love wasn’t exactly in the mood to complement the team he just lost to, and while he was simply telling the truth to a certain extent, there was a level of frustration there considering that the Timberwolves, now with a record of 36-36, would currently be the seven seed in the playoffs if they too played in the East.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 4
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 19
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 50
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11