Mar 31, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
Kevin Love on the Nets’ turning their season around after rough start amidst high expectations: “They’re in the East.”
— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) March 31, 2014
Reality is beginning to set in with the Timberwolves, a team that was expected by many to be in the postseason picture. But thanks to a combination of injuries and failed execution, Minnesota will miss the playoffs entirely, putting further pressure on the franchise to improve next season at all costs, lest they lose Kevin Love to free agency.
Brooklyn notched a 15-point victory on a night where Love simply didn’t have it, finishing with 14 points on 5-of-14 shooting in 33 minutes of action.
Love wasn’t exactly in the mood to complement the team he just lost to, and while he was simply telling the truth to a certain extent, there was a level of frustration there considering that the Timberwolves, now with a record of 36-36, would currently be the seven seed in the playoffs if they too played in the East.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 0
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 50
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7