Mar 31, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Kevin Love on the Nets’ turning their season around after rough start amidst high expectations: “They’re in the East.”
— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) March 31, 2014
Reality is beginning to set in with the Timberwolves, a team that was expected by many to be in the postseason picture. But thanks to a combination of injuries and failed execution, Minnesota will miss the playoffs entirely, putting further pressure on the franchise to improve next season at all costs, lest they lose Kevin Love to free agency.
Brooklyn notched a 15-point victory on a night where Love simply didn’t have it, finishing with 14 points on 5-of-14 shooting in 33 minutes of action.
Love wasn’t exactly in the mood to complement the team he just lost to, and while he was simply telling the truth to a certain extent, there was a level of frustration there considering that the Timberwolves, now with a record of 36-36, would currently be the seven seed in the playoffs if they too played in the East.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 11
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 22
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9