Mar 31, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
Kevin Love on the Nets’ turning their season around after rough start amidst high expectations: “They’re in the East.”
— Tim Bontemps (@TimBontemps) March 31, 2014
Reality is beginning to set in with the Timberwolves, a team that was expected by many to be in the postseason picture. But thanks to a combination of injuries and failed execution, Minnesota will miss the playoffs entirely, putting further pressure on the franchise to improve next season at all costs, lest they lose Kevin Love to free agency.
Brooklyn notched a 15-point victory on a night where Love simply didn’t have it, finishing with 14 points on 5-of-14 shooting in 33 minutes of action.
Love wasn’t exactly in the mood to complement the team he just lost to, and while he was simply telling the truth to a certain extent, there was a level of frustration there considering that the Timberwolves, now with a record of 36-36, would currently be the seven seed in the playoffs if they too played in the East.
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 0
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 5
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18
- Bulls pull away in double-overtime to take 3-0 lead over Bucks 10
- LeBron James lifts Kyrie Irving and Cavaliers to 3-0 lead over Celtics 13
- PBT Extra: Thin bench becomes big issue for Clippers against Spurs 7