Mar 31, 2014, 4:47 PM EST
There are just more than two weeks left in the NBA season and there are a lot of playoff races still up for grabs.
That’s what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra. First we talk the Knicks and Hawks — New York is one game behind Atlanta and while the Knicks have a tough schedule the rest of the way the Hawks are in a free fall having lost six in a row. If the Hawks keep losing the Knicks can get in.
Out west we talk a little about the 4/5 race with Portland trying to make up ground on Houston. Then we move on to the best race in basketball — just half a game separates the Suns, Grizzlies and Mavericks and only two of them will make the playoffs. Those teams play each other a lot the last week of the season and that may decide who gets to keep playing and who goes golfing.
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 11
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 16
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25