Mar 31, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
There are just more than two weeks left in the NBA season and there are a lot of playoff races still up for grabs.
That’s what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra. First we talk the Knicks and Hawks — New York is one game behind Atlanta and while the Knicks have a tough schedule the rest of the way the Hawks are in a free fall having lost six in a row. If the Hawks keep losing the Knicks can get in.
Out west we talk a little about the 4/5 race with Portland trying to make up ground on Houston. Then we move on to the best race in basketball — just half a game separates the Suns, Grizzlies and Mavericks and only two of them will make the playoffs. Those teams play each other a lot the last week of the season and that may decide who gets to keep playing and who goes golfing.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40