Mar 31, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
There are just more than two weeks left in the NBA season and there are a lot of playoff races still up for grabs.
That’s what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra. First we talk the Knicks and Hawks — New York is one game behind Atlanta and while the Knicks have a tough schedule the rest of the way the Hawks are in a free fall having lost six in a row. If the Hawks keep losing the Knicks can get in.
Out west we talk a little about the 4/5 race with Portland trying to make up ground on Houston. Then we move on to the best race in basketball — just half a game separates the Suns, Grizzlies and Mavericks and only two of them will make the playoffs. Those teams play each other a lot the last week of the season and that may decide who gets to keep playing and who goes golfing.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6