Mar 31, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
There are just more than two weeks left in the NBA season and there are a lot of playoff races still up for grabs.
That’s what Kay Adams and I discuss in the latest edition of PBT Extra. First we talk the Knicks and Hawks — New York is one game behind Atlanta and while the Knicks have a tough schedule the rest of the way the Hawks are in a free fall having lost six in a row. If the Hawks keep losing the Knicks can get in.
Out west we talk a little about the 4/5 race with Portland trying to make up ground on Houston. Then we move on to the best race in basketball — just half a game separates the Suns, Grizzlies and Mavericks and only two of them will make the playoffs. Those teams play each other a lot the last week of the season and that may decide who gets to keep playing and who goes golfing.
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 0
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 5
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17