Mar 31, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Andrew Wiggins was the biggest name but not the only one to declare for the NBA Draft on Monday.
Missouri point guard Jordan Clarkson threw his hat in the ring as well, Jeff Goodman of ESPN reports.
Clarkson is a tall point guard (6’5”) who transferred from Tulsa to Missouri and averaged 17.5 points, 3.8 rebounds and 3.4 assists per game this season.
The ESPN report says he is a first rounder, however DraftExpress has him going in the middle of the second round. PBT’s draft expert Ed Isaacson tends to agree with the lower projection saying maybe a team would take an end of first round risk on him but more likely he is taken in the second round (which means no guaranteed contract).
He’s got skills and is a point guard who likes to attack and get to the rim. That’s a good thing. The problems are his shooting — lets be kind and call it “inconsistent” as he shot 28 percent from three — and his decision making as a point guard is not always good.
Clarkson is going to need to impress at the combine and in individual workouts to move up the board and get that first round pick.
Also on Monday Western Michigan senior Shayne Whittington signed with agents Ronald Shade and Herb Rudoy, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports.
Whittington is a 6’10” center who has drawn NBA scouts to watch him play this season — he led Western Michigan to the NCAA Tournament — but likely goes undrafted, unless in workouts he can impress a team enough to take a second round flyer on him.
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 1
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 9
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 0
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 28
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 6
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29