Mar 31, 2014, 11:29 AM EST
A five-game suspension is the punishment for a third marijuana violation. (The first violation carries no penalty, and the second is a $25,000 fine.)
Moultrie, who hasn’t played in Philadelphia’s last nine games, is averaging 3.0 points and 2.9 rebounds in 15.6 minutes per game this season.
Next season is the final guaranteed year remaining on his rookie contract ($1,136,160), and he has a team option for 2015-16 ($2,049,633).
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 1
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 8
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14