Mar 30, 2014, 8:00 PM EDT
The Pacers find themselves tied in the loss column with the Heat at the top of the Eastern Conference standings, following a disappointing 14-point loss to a Cavaliers team that has been playing better lately, but was without Kyrie Irving and is still 15 games under .500 on the season.
Frustration got the better of David West in the fourth quarter, when he committed what ended up being ruled a flagrant foul against Matthew Dellavedova by elbowing him out of the way to create space. Spencer Hawes came over to let West know he should pick on someone his own size, which West is always more than happy to do — so he shoved Hawes out of the way, and both big men were handed technical fouls by the officials.
Indiana may very well be able to get right before the playoffs, but this recent slide is still cause for concern — last week’s somewhat ugly win over the Heat notwithstanding.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19