Mar 29, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
The Suns have had this promotion at home games for several years. A fan gets to choose a shot from one of three spots on the floor to win either $777 for making a free throw, $7,777 for making a three-pointer, or $77,777 for draining a halfcourt shot.
From a pure value standpoint, if you have any basketball experience at all, it makes the most sense to try for the three-pointer — it’s a makable shot for many, and almost eight grand for doing so is no small reward.
But almost everyone would choose to try the halfcourt heave, and most never came close.
Tim Boven, however, calmly rattled it home, and after surviving the hip check from Gerald Green, was mobbed by the rest of the Suns in celebration.
(By the way, check out the referees and their complete non-reaction at the six-second mark — how is that even possible?)
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 2
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11