Mar 29, 2014, 11:00 AM EST
The Suns have had this promotion at home games for several years. A fan gets to choose a shot from one of three spots on the floor to win either $777 for making a free throw, $7,777 for making a three-pointer, or $77,777 for draining a halfcourt shot.
From a pure value standpoint, if you have any basketball experience at all, it makes the most sense to try for the three-pointer — it’s a makable shot for many, and almost eight grand for doing so is no small reward.
But almost everyone would choose to try the halfcourt heave, and most never came close.
Tim Boven, however, calmly rattled it home, and after surviving the hip check from Gerald Green, was mobbed by the rest of the Suns in celebration.
(By the way, check out the referees and their complete non-reaction at the six-second mark — how is that even possible?)
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 0
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 14