Mar 29, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
The Suns have had this promotion at home games for several years. A fan gets to choose a shot from one of three spots on the floor to win either $777 for making a free throw, $7,777 for making a three-pointer, or $77,777 for draining a halfcourt shot.
From a pure value standpoint, if you have any basketball experience at all, it makes the most sense to try for the three-pointer — it’s a makable shot for many, and almost eight grand for doing so is no small reward.
But almost everyone would choose to try the halfcourt heave, and most never came close.
Tim Boven, however, calmly rattled it home, and after surviving the hip check from Gerald Green, was mobbed by the rest of the Suns in celebration.
(By the way, check out the referees and their complete non-reaction at the six-second mark — how is that even possible?)
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 11
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 16
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 20
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2