Mar 29, 2014, 11:00 AM EDT
The Suns have had this promotion at home games for several years. A fan gets to choose a shot from one of three spots on the floor to win either $777 for making a free throw, $7,777 for making a three-pointer, or $77,777 for draining a halfcourt shot.
From a pure value standpoint, if you have any basketball experience at all, it makes the most sense to try for the three-pointer — it’s a makable shot for many, and almost eight grand for doing so is no small reward.
But almost everyone would choose to try the halfcourt heave, and most never came close.
Tim Boven, however, calmly rattled it home, and after surviving the hip check from Gerald Green, was mobbed by the rest of the Suns in celebration.
(By the way, check out the referees and their complete non-reaction at the six-second mark — how is that even possible?)
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 0
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 5
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 22
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 63
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4
- Hawks’ excellent season shouldn’t be discredited because of playoff exit 24