Mar 28, 2014, 12:16 AM EDT
The Clippers and the Mavericks were engaged in a chippy and competitive contest on Thursday, which is completely understandable given the position that Dallas is currently in, fighting for their playoff lives.
There were multiple technicals handed out throughout the game, a few of which were earned during this one incident that took place midway through the third quarter involving Shawn Marion, Matt Barnes and Chris Paul.
Marion snapped a bit after being shoved twice on the same possession, the first time by Paul and then more subtly by Barnes. It appeared as though Marion believed Barnes was the one who got him both times by the way he went after him, or perhaps other things went on during the game up until this point that we weren’t immediately aware of.
Either way, Marion’s reaction earned him a technical foul, and Paul and Barnes were each whistled for one, as well.
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 5
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 25