Mar 28, 2014, 12:16 AM EDT
The Clippers and the Mavericks were engaged in a chippy and competitive contest on Thursday, which is completely understandable given the position that Dallas is currently in, fighting for their playoff lives.
There were multiple technicals handed out throughout the game, a few of which were earned during this one incident that took place midway through the third quarter involving Shawn Marion, Matt Barnes and Chris Paul.
Marion snapped a bit after being shoved twice on the same possession, the first time by Paul and then more subtly by Barnes. It appeared as though Marion believed Barnes was the one who got him both times by the way he went after him, or perhaps other things went on during the game up until this point that we weren’t immediately aware of.
Either way, Marion’s reaction earned him a technical foul, and Paul and Barnes were each whistled for one, as well.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 2
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 13
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 22
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29