Mar 28, 2014, 12:16 AM EDT
The Clippers and the Mavericks were engaged in a chippy and competitive contest on Thursday, which is completely understandable given the position that Dallas is currently in, fighting for their playoff lives.
There were multiple technicals handed out throughout the game, a few of which were earned during this one incident that took place midway through the third quarter involving Shawn Marion, Matt Barnes and Chris Paul.
Marion snapped a bit after being shoved twice on the same possession, the first time by Paul and then more subtly by Barnes. It appeared as though Marion believed Barnes was the one who got him both times by the way he went after him, or perhaps other things went on during the game up until this point that we weren’t immediately aware of.
Either way, Marion’s reaction earned him a technical foul, and Paul and Barnes were each whistled for one, as well.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 0
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 13
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2