Mar 28, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
The good news for Brooklyn guard Jorge Gutierrez is he just got picked up for the rest of the season — the Nets had picked him up March 6 on a 10-day contract, gave him another one and now he is part of the team for the rest of the season on a minimum contract deal.
Which means he isn’t making that much money — $28,834 for each 10 day contract (before taxes). Which means this next sentence is a real blow to him.
Gutierrez has been fined $15,000 by the NBA League Office for “excessive contact above the shoulders” on a hard foul on Charlotte’s Cody Zeller.
In the play Gutierrez bought a pump fake and went up to block a Zeller shot then realized he was stuck so tried to come down and foul him, he just did it too hard and to the head. The league frowns on that. Gutierrez was ejected from the game for that foul.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 66
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 15
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32