Mar 28, 2014, 11:13 AM EDT
The good news for Brooklyn guard Jorge Gutierrez is he just got picked up for the rest of the season — the Nets had picked him up March 6 on a 10-day contract, gave him another one and now he is part of the team for the rest of the season on a minimum contract deal.
Which means he isn’t making that much money — $28,834 for each 10 day contract (before taxes). Which means this next sentence is a real blow to him.
Gutierrez has been fined $15,000 by the NBA League Office for “excessive contact above the shoulders” on a hard foul on Charlotte’s Cody Zeller.
In the play Gutierrez bought a pump fake and went up to block a Zeller shot then realized he was stuck so tried to come down and foul him, he just did it too hard and to the head. The league frowns on that. Gutierrez was ejected from the game for that foul.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 19
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 3
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 8
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 14
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5