Mar 28, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Hakeem Olajuwon was in Houston Thursday night to watch the Sixers make history. I guess he likes to watch bad basketball. Anyway, he signed a ball which was thrown into the crowd for one lucky fan.
That fan turned out to be former Major League baseball player Tuffy Rhodes (hat tip Deadspin) who then turns around and gives the ball to a child near him.
Awesome move. Note to all the adults who will leap over kids to grab a foul ball at baseball stadiums nationwide this year, that is how you should handle it.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 2
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10