Mar 28, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Hakeem Olajuwon was in Houston Thursday night to watch the Sixers make history. I guess he likes to watch bad basketball. Anyway, he signed a ball which was thrown into the crowd for one lucky fan.
That fan turned out to be former Major League baseball player Tuffy Rhodes (hat tip Deadspin) who then turns around and gives the ball to a child near him.
Awesome move. Note to all the adults who will leap over kids to grab a foul ball at baseball stadiums nationwide this year, that is how you should handle it.
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 28
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10