Mar 28, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
Hakeem Olajuwon was in Houston Thursday night to watch the Sixers make history. I guess he likes to watch bad basketball. Anyway, he signed a ball which was thrown into the crowd for one lucky fan.
That fan turned out to be former Major League baseball player Tuffy Rhodes (hat tip Deadspin) who then turns around and gives the ball to a child near him.
Awesome move. Note to all the adults who will leap over kids to grab a foul ball at baseball stadiums nationwide this year, that is how you should handle it.
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 32
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 14
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 22
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0