Mar 28, 2014, 10:27 AM EDT
When the Los Angeles Lakers flew to Milwaukee for Thursday’s game against the Bucks, Chris Kaman remained behind for personal reasons before getting on a commercial plane.
Kaman indeed started, scoring 13 points and grabbing four rebounds in Los Angeles’ loss to the Bucks.
Some players don’t need as much time to warm up as others. Surely, Kaman and Mike D’Antoni had a meaningful discussion to determine whether he could handle starting on such a strange schedule.
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 6
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 19
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 46
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 24
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 20
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22