Mar 28, 2014, 10:27 AM EDT
When the Los Angeles Lakers flew to Milwaukee for Thursday’s game against the Bucks, Chris Kaman remained behind for personal reasons before getting on a commercial plane.
Kaman indeed started, scoring 13 points and grabbing four rebounds in Los Angeles’ loss to the Bucks.
Some players don’t need as much time to warm up as others. Surely, Kaman and Mike D’Antoni had a meaningful discussion to determine whether he could handle starting on such a strange schedule.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 15
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32