Mar 27, 2014, 2:47 PM EDT
Ersan Ilyasova, who has battled foot and ankle issues all season for the Milwaukee Bucks, has now seen a doctor and gotten the word.
The Bucks are shutting down Ilyasova for the rest of the season, the team announced Tuesday. He will not require surgery, but he needs rehabilitation.
The injuries took a tool on his game this year — he averaged 11.2 points a game but with a career low true shooing percentage of 48.6 (his traditional shooting percentage was 40.9), and he added 6.2 rebounds. He had a PER of 13.8 this season, below the league average and the lowest since his rookie year (and well off the 18.3 he had last season). That and all the losing led to a lot of frustration and reports he wanted to be traded.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $55,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,000. Starts at 7:30pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
The Bucks just need to try to get him healthy and back on the court in his old form next season because he is not going anywhere — he has three years and $24.2 million left on his contract (although he can be bought out of the last year of that deal cheaply).
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 4
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 9
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 30
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 8