Mar 27, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
Jarrett Jack was 3-for-9 with more turnovers (two) than assists (one) and his Cleveland Cavaliers trailed the Detroit Pistons by a dozen when he re-entered last night’s game midway through the fourth quarter.
On his first possession, he launched a 3-pointer and held held his follow-through as the ball swished through the net.
That was just the start. Jack shot 4-for-6, including 2-of-3 on 3-pointers, in the fourth quarter.
What got him on track?
When Jack entered the game in the fourth quarter, a Pistons fan began shouting how Jack is a terrible shooter and has always been a terrible shooter. Jack looked up and engaged him (the Pistons were shooting free throws), telling him he needed a seat closer to the floor.
On the Cavs’ next possession, Deng found Jack at the 3-point line and he made the 3, then immediately turned and looked at the fan.
“He got me going,” Jack said of the fan. “I told some of their guys it’s the old dude’s fault I caught fire a little bit. He got my attention and woke me up. Whoever he is, I definitely want to say thanks.”
“I’m very immature so I respond all the time,” he joked. “It’s always fun. I always interact with the fans but I try not to let it take away from my focus.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $55,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Thursday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $7,000. Starts at 7:30pm ET on Thursday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Then again, if it weren’t for Jack helping to cut the deficit, maybe Waiters never would have had that opportunity.
And if it weren’t for that fan, maybe Jack wouldn’t have cut the deficit.
The lesson: Cleveland fans should start heckling Jack. It makes him way more fun and productive.
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 11
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 54
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7