Mar 26, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Knicks fans, you should not watch this.
That is all the Lakers’ buckets from their third quarter, 51-point explosion on the Knicks Tuesday night. What the Lakers did to blow out the Knicks was hustle and share the ball. Nothing more. This is the NBA, give guys an open shot and they will knock it down, which is what the Lakers did.
The Knicks did a poor job protecting the rim — Chris Kaman and Jordan Hill shouldn’t score that easy inside — and with one extra pass there was no Knicks perimeter rotation and Lakers’ shooters got to set their feet and not be rushed. That ends poorly for the Knicks.
As will their playoff dreams. The Lakers’ threes may have been the dagger to those dreams.
- Kobe Bryant says elite players like LeBron, himself are underpaid. He’s right. 0
- It’s done: Kevin Love traded to Cavaliers, Andrew Wiggins headed to Minnesota in three-team deal 28
- Steve Nash called Kobe Bryant a “mother f****** a******” but in a good way 5
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 30
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 80
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16