Mar 26, 2014, 2:00 PM EST
Knicks fans, you should not watch this.
That is all the Lakers’ buckets from their third quarter, 51-point explosion on the Knicks Tuesday night. What the Lakers did to blow out the Knicks was hustle and share the ball. Nothing more. This is the NBA, give guys an open shot and they will knock it down, which is what the Lakers did.
The Knicks did a poor job protecting the rim — Chris Kaman and Jordan Hill shouldn’t score that easy inside — and with one extra pass there was no Knicks perimeter rotation and Lakers’ shooters got to set their feet and not be rushed. That ends poorly for the Knicks.
As will their playoff dreams. The Lakers’ threes may have been the dagger to those dreams.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 3
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 16
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12