Mar 26, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Knicks fans, you should not watch this.
That is all the Lakers’ buckets from their third quarter, 51-point explosion on the Knicks Tuesday night. What the Lakers did to blow out the Knicks was hustle and share the ball. Nothing more. This is the NBA, give guys an open shot and they will knock it down, which is what the Lakers did.
The Knicks did a poor job protecting the rim — Chris Kaman and Jordan Hill shouldn’t score that easy inside — and with one extra pass there was no Knicks perimeter rotation and Lakers’ shooters got to set their feet and not be rushed. That ends poorly for the Knicks.
As will their playoff dreams. The Lakers’ threes may have been the dagger to those dreams.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 9
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 20
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13