Mar 26, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Knicks fans, you should not watch this.
That is all the Lakers’ buckets from their third quarter, 51-point explosion on the Knicks Tuesday night. What the Lakers did to blow out the Knicks was hustle and share the ball. Nothing more. This is the NBA, give guys an open shot and they will knock it down, which is what the Lakers did.
The Knicks did a poor job protecting the rim — Chris Kaman and Jordan Hill shouldn’t score that easy inside — and with one extra pass there was no Knicks perimeter rotation and Lakers’ shooters got to set their feet and not be rushed. That ends poorly for the Knicks.
As will their playoff dreams. The Lakers’ threes may have been the dagger to those dreams.
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 16
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9