Mar 26, 2014, 2:00 PM EDT
Knicks fans, you should not watch this.
That is all the Lakers’ buckets from their third quarter, 51-point explosion on the Knicks Tuesday night. What the Lakers did to blow out the Knicks was hustle and share the ball. Nothing more. This is the NBA, give guys an open shot and they will knock it down, which is what the Lakers did.
The Knicks did a poor job protecting the rim — Chris Kaman and Jordan Hill shouldn’t score that easy inside — and with one extra pass there was no Knicks perimeter rotation and Lakers’ shooters got to set their feet and not be rushed. That ends poorly for the Knicks.
As will their playoff dreams. The Lakers’ threes may have been the dagger to those dreams.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 20
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 15
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 49