Mar 26, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
Kevin Durant and Dirk Nowitizki put on a real show Tuesday night, one that couldn’t be contained in regulation.
Durant finished with 43 points (on 27 shots) as he was getting to the basket and knocking down threes, generally looking like the best scorer in the game.
Nowitzki finished with 32 points (on 23 shots) and he had 15 of those in the fourth quarter and overtime when his team needed them most.
Nowitzki and the Mavericks ended up with the win, but this performance is what has helped Durant separate himself in the MVP race this season.
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 1
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 8