Mar 26, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
Kevin Durant and Dirk Nowitizki put on a real show Tuesday night, one that couldn’t be contained in regulation.
Durant finished with 43 points (on 27 shots) as he was getting to the basket and knocking down threes, generally looking like the best scorer in the game.
Nowitzki finished with 32 points (on 23 shots) and he had 15 of those in the fourth quarter and overtime when his team needed them most.
Nowitzki and the Mavericks ended up with the win, but this performance is what has helped Durant separate himself in the MVP race this season.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4