Mar 26, 2014, 9:19 AM EDT
Kevin Durant and Dirk Nowitizki put on a real show Tuesday night, one that couldn’t be contained in regulation.
Durant finished with 43 points (on 27 shots) as he was getting to the basket and knocking down threes, generally looking like the best scorer in the game.
Nowitzki finished with 32 points (on 23 shots) and he had 15 of those in the fourth quarter and overtime when his team needed them most.
Nowitzki and the Mavericks ended up with the win, but this performance is what has helped Durant separate himself in the MVP race this season.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 9
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3