Mar 26, 2014, 9:19 AM EST
Kevin Durant and Dirk Nowitizki put on a real show Tuesday night, one that couldn’t be contained in regulation.
Durant finished with 43 points (on 27 shots) as he was getting to the basket and knocking down threes, generally looking like the best scorer in the game.
Nowitzki finished with 32 points (on 23 shots) and he had 15 of those in the fourth quarter and overtime when his team needed them most.
Nowitzki and the Mavericks ended up with the win, but this performance is what has helped Durant separate himself in the MVP race this season.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 42
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8