Mar 26, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
The first thing to know: This Wednesday night showdown between the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers is not going to be a great preview of the Eastern Conference Finals. Yes, I still think they meet in the ECF (the odds of it in my mind have gone from 99.9% down to 90%, but I still think this is going to happen). By the time that late May series gets underway these will be two different teams than they are now. A couple months and a couple playoff rounds change teams.
That doesn’t mean this game doesn’t matter — both teams could use the confidence boost after stumbling into this one. More importantly, if the Heat win they are tied with the Pacers in the loss column. Getting the No. 1 seed in the East, and having that ECF Game 7 at home, will be in play.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30