Mar 26, 2014, 3:55 PM EDT
The first thing to know: This Wednesday night showdown between the Miami Heat and Indiana Pacers is not going to be a great preview of the Eastern Conference Finals. Yes, I still think they meet in the ECF (the odds of it in my mind have gone from 99.9% down to 90%, but I still think this is going to happen). By the time that late May series gets underway these will be two different teams than they are now. A couple months and a couple playoff rounds change teams.
That doesn’t mean this game doesn’t matter — both teams could use the confidence boost after stumbling into this one. More importantly, if the Heat win they are tied with the Pacers in the loss column. Getting the No. 1 seed in the East, and having that ECF Game 7 at home, will be in play.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16