Mar 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
Pau Gasol never came out of the locker room for the second half of the Lakers win Sunday over the Magic, then took three IV bags of fluid and spent the night in the hospital.
The official diagnosis was vertigo, and it kept Gasol out of the Lakers beat down of the Knicks on Tuesday night.
It’s going to keep him out longer, as well.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $100,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $15,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Kevin Ding of Bleacher Report said this on the PBT Podcast back before Christmas and I’ve heard it from other sources since — there is pretty much no chance Gasol is back with the Lakers next season. Despite what Kobe Bryant may want. Both sides are ready to move on and unless the Lakers make a coaching change (very possible) and the new coach lobbies Gasol hard to stay (less likely) and the Lakers offer a better, longer contract than any other team (not likely at all) Gasol will move on.
And likely play much better for another team in another system, one that plays to his strengths.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 5
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12