Mar 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Pau Gasol never came out of the locker room for the second half of the Lakers win Sunday over the Magic, then took three IV bags of fluid and spent the night in the hospital.
The official diagnosis was vertigo, and it kept Gasol out of the Lakers beat down of the Knicks on Tuesday night.
It’s going to keep him out longer, as well.
Pau Gasol, who missed the 2nd half on Sun. + the game on Tues. due to vertigo, will not make the trip to MIL and MIN.—
Mike Trudell (@LakersReporter) March 26, 2014
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $100,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $15,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Kevin Ding of Bleacher Report said this on the PBT Podcast back before Christmas and I’ve heard it from other sources since — there is pretty much no chance Gasol is back with the Lakers next season. Despite what Kobe Bryant may want. Both sides are ready to move on and unless the Lakers make a coaching change (very possible) and the new coach lobbies Gasol hard to stay (less likely) and the Lakers offer a better, longer contract than any other team (not likely at all) Gasol will move on.
And likely play much better for another team in another system, one that plays to his strengths.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37