Mar 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Pau Gasol never came out of the locker room for the second half of the Lakers win Sunday over the Magic, then took three IV bags of fluid and spent the night in the hospital.
The official diagnosis was vertigo, and it kept Gasol out of the Lakers beat down of the Knicks on Tuesday night.
It’s going to keep him out longer, as well.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $100,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $15,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Kevin Ding of Bleacher Report said this on the PBT Podcast back before Christmas and I’ve heard it from other sources since — there is pretty much no chance Gasol is back with the Lakers next season. Despite what Kobe Bryant may want. Both sides are ready to move on and unless the Lakers make a coaching change (very possible) and the new coach lobbies Gasol hard to stay (less likely) and the Lakers offer a better, longer contract than any other team (not likely at all) Gasol will move on.
And likely play much better for another team in another system, one that plays to his strengths.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6