Mar 26, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
Pau Gasol never came out of the locker room for the second half of the Lakers win Sunday over the Magic, then took three IV bags of fluid and spent the night in the hospital.
The official diagnosis was vertigo, and it kept Gasol out of the Lakers beat down of the Knicks on Tuesday night.
It’s going to keep him out longer, as well.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $100,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Wednesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $15,000. Starts at 7pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Kevin Ding of Bleacher Report said this on the PBT Podcast back before Christmas and I’ve heard it from other sources since — there is pretty much no chance Gasol is back with the Lakers next season. Despite what Kobe Bryant may want. Both sides are ready to move on and unless the Lakers make a coaching change (very possible) and the new coach lobbies Gasol hard to stay (less likely) and the Lakers offer a better, longer contract than any other team (not likely at all) Gasol will move on.
And likely play much better for another team in another system, one that plays to his strengths.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 6
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 12
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36