Mar 25, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Dwyane Wade is expected to play Wednesday night in the Heat/Pacers showdown, meaning Miami will be a full strength.
• NBC’s own Joe Posnanski wrote about Stephen Curry.
• Kansas two guard Wayne Selden says he plans to return to Kansas for his sophomore season. Smart move on his part, he’s a late first/early second round pick, if he comes out he could be without a guaranteed contract. (His teammates Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid, both lock top five picks, should come out and develop faster in the NBA.
• Great explanation of how the NCAA has messed with the hoops players trying to go pro.
• Go Beach! Long Beach State’s star point guard from their NCAA run of 2012 (and former Drew League MVP) Casper Ware is back from the Italian League and has gotten a 10-day contract with the Philadelphia 76ers. Ware is a speedy, smart undersized point guard good in the open court, but he struggled defensively out of college. He spent two seasons playing well in Italy. As a Long Beach season ticket holder I hope this and maybe a Summer League stint can land him on an NBA roster.
• Matt Bonner has a strained calf and will be out for two weeks. He’s not a regular part of the Spurs rotation so this is not much of a blow. Except to Bonner.
• A number of suitors have stepped forward in the quest to find new Bucks owners and keep the team in Milwaukee.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 10
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3