Mar 25, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Dwyane Wade is expected to play Wednesday night in the Heat/Pacers showdown, meaning Miami will be a full strength.
• NBC’s own Joe Posnanski wrote about Stephen Curry.
• Kansas two guard Wayne Selden says he plans to return to Kansas for his sophomore season. Smart move on his part, he’s a late first/early second round pick, if he comes out he could be without a guaranteed contract. (His teammates Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid, both lock top five picks, should come out and develop faster in the NBA.
• Great explanation of how the NCAA has messed with the hoops players trying to go pro.
• Go Beach! Long Beach State’s star point guard from their NCAA run of 2012 (and former Drew League MVP) Casper Ware is back from the Italian League and has gotten a 10-day contract with the Philadelphia 76ers. Ware is a speedy, smart undersized point guard good in the open court, but he struggled defensively out of college. He spent two seasons playing well in Italy. As a Long Beach season ticket holder I hope this and maybe a Summer League stint can land him on an NBA roster.
• Matt Bonner has a strained calf and will be out for two weeks. He’s not a regular part of the Spurs rotation so this is not much of a blow. Except to Bonner.
• A number of suitors have stepped forward in the quest to find new Bucks owners and keep the team in Milwaukee.
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 4
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 16
- FIBA World Cup USA vs. Serbia preview: Serbia no pushover but Americans should grab gold 4
- France beats Lithuania to win World Cup bronze 6
- Carmelo Anthony says nobody would want to play for Hawks 20
- Rudy Gay upset over ‘dirty play’ that caused him to suffer a fractured jaw in Team USA’s win over Lithuania 17
- Serbia holds off furious French comeback, wins to advance to gold medal game vs. USA 4
- Hawks GM Danny Ferry releases statement on his leave of absence, apologizes again 6