Mar 25, 2014, 7:18 PM EST
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Dwyane Wade is expected to play Wednesday night in the Heat/Pacers showdown, meaning Miami will be a full strength.
• NBC’s own Joe Posnanski wrote about Stephen Curry.
• Kansas two guard Wayne Selden says he plans to return to Kansas for his sophomore season. Smart move on his part, he’s a late first/early second round pick, if he comes out he could be without a guaranteed contract. (His teammates Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid, both lock top five picks, should come out and develop faster in the NBA.
• Great explanation of how the NCAA has messed with the hoops players trying to go pro.
• Go Beach! Long Beach State’s star point guard from their NCAA run of 2012 (and former Drew League MVP) Casper Ware is back from the Italian League and has gotten a 10-day contract with the Philadelphia 76ers. Ware is a speedy, smart undersized point guard good in the open court, but he struggled defensively out of college. He spent two seasons playing well in Italy. As a Long Beach season ticket holder I hope this and maybe a Summer League stint can land him on an NBA roster.
• Matt Bonner has a strained calf and will be out for two weeks. He’s not a regular part of the Spurs rotation so this is not much of a blow. Except to Bonner.
• A number of suitors have stepped forward in the quest to find new Bucks owners and keep the team in Milwaukee.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10