Mar 25, 2014, 7:18 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Dwyane Wade is expected to play Wednesday night in the Heat/Pacers showdown, meaning Miami will be a full strength.
• NBC’s own Joe Posnanski wrote about Stephen Curry.
• Kansas two guard Wayne Selden says he plans to return to Kansas for his sophomore season. Smart move on his part, he’s a late first/early second round pick, if he comes out he could be without a guaranteed contract. (His teammates Andrew Wiggins and Joel Embiid, both lock top five picks, should come out and develop faster in the NBA.
• Great explanation of how the NCAA has messed with the hoops players trying to go pro.
• Go Beach! Long Beach State’s star point guard from their NCAA run of 2012 (and former Drew League MVP) Casper Ware is back from the Italian League and has gotten a 10-day contract with the Philadelphia 76ers. Ware is a speedy, smart undersized point guard good in the open court, but he struggled defensively out of college. He spent two seasons playing well in Italy. As a Long Beach season ticket holder I hope this and maybe a Summer League stint can land him on an NBA roster.
• Matt Bonner has a strained calf and will be out for two weeks. He’s not a regular part of the Spurs rotation so this is not much of a blow. Except to Bonner.
• A number of suitors have stepped forward in the quest to find new Bucks owners and keep the team in Milwaukee.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 6
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 17
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29