Chris Bosh answers in the affirmative when asked if both he and LeBron will return to Heat next season
Mar 25, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
The Heat are trying to accomplish something that no team has in the past 30 years, and that’s making it to a fourth straight NBA Finals.
The questions about what will happen this summer, when LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are all able to opt out of the final year of their respective contracts to become unrestricted free agents has largely been put aside, mainly because so much can happen between now and then that even the players themselves don’t exactly know what the future holds.
For those looking for an indication one way or another, however, Bosh provided some fodder for discussion when asked about it on The Dan LeBatard Show on ESPN Radio on Tuesday.
Rather than conduct a conventional interview, LeBatard—the long-time Miami Herald columnist—and co-host Jon “Stugotz” Weiner played two games with the Miami Heat forward/center, first asking him to “fill in the blank” and then asking him to answer “true or false.” …
LeBatard asked whether Bosh—who can opt out of his contract after this season—will be in Miami next year.
“True,” Bosh answered.
“And so will LeBron …” LeBatard continued.
“True,” Bosh replied.
Now, this means less than nothing in terms of an actual commitment at this point, because Bosh will likely weigh all of his options in free agency, especially if the Heat don’t win the title this season, and even more so if LeBron hints that he may look to play somewhere else.
But Bosh easily could have deferred in some way, by saying it was too early to tell or by simply refusing to answer. The fact that he was willing to play along can be taken as a positive sign for Miami’s future, if nothing else.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 51
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18