Chris Bosh answers in the affirmative when asked if both he and LeBron will return to Heat next season
Mar 25, 2014, 8:31 PM EDT
The Heat are trying to accomplish something that no team has in the past 30 years, and that’s making it to a fourth straight NBA Finals.
The questions about what will happen this summer, when LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh are all able to opt out of the final year of their respective contracts to become unrestricted free agents has largely been put aside, mainly because so much can happen between now and then that even the players themselves don’t exactly know what the future holds.
For those looking for an indication one way or another, however, Bosh provided some fodder for discussion when asked about it on The Dan LeBatard Show on ESPN Radio on Tuesday.
Rather than conduct a conventional interview, LeBatard—the long-time Miami Herald columnist—and co-host Jon “Stugotz” Weiner played two games with the Miami Heat forward/center, first asking him to “fill in the blank” and then asking him to answer “true or false.” …
LeBatard asked whether Bosh—who can opt out of his contract after this season—will be in Miami next year.
“True,” Bosh answered.
“And so will LeBron …” LeBatard continued.
“True,” Bosh replied.
Now, this means less than nothing in terms of an actual commitment at this point, because Bosh will likely weigh all of his options in free agency, especially if the Heat don’t win the title this season, and even more so if LeBron hints that he may look to play somewhere else.
But Bosh easily could have deferred in some way, by saying it was too early to tell or by simply refusing to answer. The fact that he was willing to play along can be taken as a positive sign for Miami’s future, if nothing else.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 9
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 29
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24