Blake Griffin can’t get ball from courtside fan, who’s more interested in taking quick pic of him

Mar 25, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT

I’ve never caught a foul ball at a baseball game, but if I did, I could obviously keep it.

Basketball and football, though, have different rules. If the ball goes into the stands, you have to throw it back. Admittedly, I’ve been at basketball and football games and pondered when my vested interest in the game has sunk low enough that, if I somehow got a ball, I’d immediately run out of the arena/stadium with it and go home.

However, I have not considered doing this.

Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on TuesdayHere’s the FanDuel link.

I love the temporary look of exasperation on Blake Griffin‘s face. That’s how defenders feel trying to guard you these days, big guy.

1. jerdogthompson - Mar 25, 2014 at 10:21 AM

That’s funny stuff Dan, I too have always told my buddy that when/if I get a basketball from a game I’m bolting towards the exits. If you noticed same thing happened under the basket except with a camera man. That was not the Clippers finest game, should have been way over in the first half.

2. asimonetti88 - Mar 25, 2014 at 10:53 AM

But first… let me take a selfie

• spthegr8 - Mar 25, 2014 at 1:07 PM

That Groupie Love!!

3. shaggytoodle - Mar 25, 2014 at 11:21 AM

Its still less of a carry than the one Griffin got away with late in the game. I enjoy watching the guy play, he’s an amazing athlete, but he doesn’t need any help from the refs.

• dannymac17 - Mar 25, 2014 at 12:55 PM

lol seriously? crying about a damn carry?

• shaggytoodle - Mar 26, 2014 at 12:38 AM

That would have been called in the 60s it was so blatant.

What do you care though, for you its probably, all about seeing Superstars making Superstar plays. Whether they travel or “crab dribble” and its totally illegal DID U see that DUNK?!?!?

The NBA wants to crucify a team for possibly tanking, yet when the refs tank it, they just say oh well it happens.

That’s what frustrates me when I watch hooperball. They have had officials come into question when it comes to impacting the outcome of games in the past and its unsettling for me when I see obvious stuff like that not called.

4. bucrightoff - Mar 25, 2014 at 11:51 AM

Why pay a couple hundred bucks to actually watch the basketball game when you can pay a couple hundred bucks to take pictures and be seen?

5. 00maltliquor - Mar 25, 2014 at 2:30 PM

This new day and age…SMDH. Nobody lives in and enjoys the moment anymore. Everything needs to be recorded so it can be put up on FB/MySpace/Google+/Twitter/Instagram/Vine/etc. so they can show the world and all their fake internet friends just how cool they are and what they are doing. She looked like a tool doing that.

6. seanb20124 - Mar 25, 2014 at 5:46 PM

I think you can keep footballs that go into stands

7. ufools - Mar 26, 2014 at 8:47 AM

Haha….a carry? Please……nba rarely calls that. It happens every night on every team.

Why can't Lakers have a player-coach?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches