Mar 24, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
San Antonio has won 13 games in a row. Philadelphia has lost 24 games in a row.
Tony Parker sitting out for the Spurs Monday night isn’t going to change the outcome of this game.
And he is sitting this one out, coach Gregg Popovich made official.
That means more Patty Mills, who has played well of late.
Expect to see a lot of this from the Spurs over the coming weeks, with a lot of key guys getting rest. They have the best record in the NBA right now but Popovich looks ahead to the first round of the NBA playoffs and sees the midrange game of Dirk Nowitzki with Dallas, the up tempo and aggressive play of the Suns, or (most dangerously) the size and defense of the Memphis Grizzlies. Whichever team the Spurs land it will be a rough go. San Antonio will be the favorites but there are no easy match ups in the West.
San Antonio will need to be healthy for that, and Popovich knows it and is preparing.
Against the Sixers was the perfect time to get a little rest.
- Scottie Pippen: “I was LeBron James before LeBron James” 0
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 30
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 43