Mar 24, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
San Antonio has won 13 games in a row. Philadelphia has lost 24 games in a row.
Tony Parker sitting out for the Spurs Monday night isn’t going to change the outcome of this game.
And he is sitting this one out, coach Gregg Popovich made official.
That means more Patty Mills, who has played well of late.
Expect to see a lot of this from the Spurs over the coming weeks, with a lot of key guys getting rest. They have the best record in the NBA right now but Popovich looks ahead to the first round of the NBA playoffs and sees the midrange game of Dirk Nowitzki with Dallas, the up tempo and aggressive play of the Suns, or (most dangerously) the size and defense of the Memphis Grizzlies. Whichever team the Spurs land it will be a rough go. San Antonio will be the favorites but there are no easy match ups in the West.
San Antonio will need to be healthy for that, and Popovich knows it and is preparing.
Against the Sixers was the perfect time to get a little rest.
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 41
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 4
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 8
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5