Mar 24, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
San Antonio has won 13 games in a row. Philadelphia has lost 24 games in a row.
Tony Parker sitting out for the Spurs Monday night isn’t going to change the outcome of this game.
And he is sitting this one out, coach Gregg Popovich made official.
That means more Patty Mills, who has played well of late.
Expect to see a lot of this from the Spurs over the coming weeks, with a lot of key guys getting rest. They have the best record in the NBA right now but Popovich looks ahead to the first round of the NBA playoffs and sees the midrange game of Dirk Nowitzki with Dallas, the up tempo and aggressive play of the Suns, or (most dangerously) the size and defense of the Memphis Grizzlies. Whichever team the Spurs land it will be a rough go. San Antonio will be the favorites but there are no easy match ups in the West.
San Antonio will need to be healthy for that, and Popovich knows it and is preparing.
Against the Sixers was the perfect time to get a little rest.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9