Mar 24, 2014, 8:32 PM EDT
San Antonio has won 13 games in a row. Philadelphia has lost 24 games in a row.
Tony Parker sitting out for the Spurs Monday night isn’t going to change the outcome of this game.
And he is sitting this one out, coach Gregg Popovich made official.
That means more Patty Mills, who has played well of late.
Expect to see a lot of this from the Spurs over the coming weeks, with a lot of key guys getting rest. They have the best record in the NBA right now but Popovich looks ahead to the first round of the NBA playoffs and sees the midrange game of Dirk Nowitzki with Dallas, the up tempo and aggressive play of the Suns, or (most dangerously) the size and defense of the Memphis Grizzlies. Whichever team the Spurs land it will be a rough go. San Antonio will be the favorites but there are no easy match ups in the West.
San Antonio will need to be healthy for that, and Popovich knows it and is preparing.
Against the Sixers was the perfect time to get a little rest.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 6
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35