Mar 24, 2014, 1:20 AM EST
Pau Gasol played his usual minutes in the first half of the Lakers eventual win over Orlando Sunday night, but didn’t come out of the locker room for the second half.
The team announced that he had become ill at halftime complaining of dizziness and nausea. He did not return to the game.
Then after the game came this news.
It doesn’t sound too serious, but is serious enough that he will spend the night in a hospital. Hopefully this is a speedy recovery.
The Lakers next game is Tuesday night against the Knicks, then the Lakers head out on a road back-to-back Thursday and Friday in Milwaukee and Minnesota.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1