Mar 24, 2014, 1:20 AM EDT
Pau Gasol played his usual minutes in the first half of the Lakers eventual win over Orlando Sunday night, but didn’t come out of the locker room for the second half.
The team announced that he had become ill at halftime complaining of dizziness and nausea. He did not return to the game.
Then after the game came this news.
It doesn’t sound too serious, but is serious enough that he will spend the night in a hospital. Hopefully this is a speedy recovery.
The Lakers next game is Tuesday night against the Knicks, then the Lakers head out on a road back-to-back Thursday and Friday in Milwaukee and Minnesota.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 38
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 33
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18