Mar 24, 2014, 1:20 AM EDT
Pau Gasol played his usual minutes in the first half of the Lakers eventual win over Orlando Sunday night, but didn’t come out of the locker room for the second half.
The team announced that he had become ill at halftime complaining of dizziness and nausea. He did not return to the game.
Then after the game came this news.
Pau Gasol illness update: He got three liters of IV fluid–and will spend the night in the hospital for precautionary observation.—
KEVIN DING (@KevinDing) March 24, 2014
It doesn’t sound too serious, but is serious enough that he will spend the night in a hospital. Hopefully this is a speedy recovery.
The Lakers next game is Tuesday night against the Knicks, then the Lakers head out on a road back-to-back Thursday and Friday in Milwaukee and Minnesota.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20