Mar 24, 2014, 1:20 AM EDT
Pau Gasol played his usual minutes in the first half of the Lakers eventual win over Orlando Sunday night, but didn’t come out of the locker room for the second half.
The team announced that he had become ill at halftime complaining of dizziness and nausea. He did not return to the game.
Then after the game came this news.
It doesn’t sound too serious, but is serious enough that he will spend the night in a hospital. Hopefully this is a speedy recovery.
The Lakers next game is Tuesday night against the Knicks, then the Lakers head out on a road back-to-back Thursday and Friday in Milwaukee and Minnesota.
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 0
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 55
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 21
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10