Mar 24, 2014, 1:20 AM EST
Pau Gasol played his usual minutes in the first half of the Lakers eventual win over Orlando Sunday night, but didn’t come out of the locker room for the second half.
The team announced that he had become ill at halftime complaining of dizziness and nausea. He did not return to the game.
Then after the game came this news.
It doesn’t sound too serious, but is serious enough that he will spend the night in a hospital. Hopefully this is a speedy recovery.
The Lakers next game is Tuesday night against the Knicks, then the Lakers head out on a road back-to-back Thursday and Friday in Milwaukee and Minnesota.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20