Mar 24, 2014, 8:56 PM EST
Pau Gasol left the Lakers’ win over the Magic on Sunday due to dizziness and nausea, and after spending the night in a hospital, his illness has been identified.
Los Angeles Lakers center Pau Gasol has been diagnosed with vertigo.
He spent the night in a hospital, but the Lakers said an MRI of his head was normal.
Gasol will be re-examined Tuesday, but likely won’t play against the Knicks.
Tyler Hansbrough also suffered from vertigo during the 2009-10 season, and he’s still playing just fine. I doubt this seriously sets back Gasol.
But with winnable games against the Knicks and Bucks upcoming, Gasol returning quickly could seriously set back the Lakers’ tanking efforts. I suspect the Lakers will be fine with Gasol taking his time.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 0
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7