Mar 24, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
Pau Gasol left the Lakers’ win over the Magic on Sunday due to dizziness and nausea, and after spending the night in a hospital, his illness has been identified.
Los Angeles Lakers center Pau Gasol has been diagnosed with vertigo.
He spent the night in a hospital, but the Lakers said an MRI of his head was normal.
Gasol will be re-examined Tuesday, but likely won’t play against the Knicks.
Tyler Hansbrough also suffered from vertigo during the 2009-10 season, and he’s still playing just fine. I doubt this seriously sets back Gasol.
But with winnable games against the Knicks and Bucks upcoming, Gasol returning quickly could seriously set back the Lakers’ tanking efforts. I suspect the Lakers will be fine with Gasol taking his time.
- Bulls ride hot start, strong shooting night to Game 1 win in Cleveland 16
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 13
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 6
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 22
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10