Mar 24, 2014, 8:56 PM EST
Pau Gasol left the Lakers’ win over the Magic on Sunday due to dizziness and nausea, and after spending the night in a hospital, his illness has been identified.
Los Angeles Lakers center Pau Gasol has been diagnosed with vertigo.
He spent the night in a hospital, but the Lakers said an MRI of his head was normal.
Gasol will be re-examined Tuesday, but likely won’t play against the Knicks.
Tyler Hansbrough also suffered from vertigo during the 2009-10 season, and he’s still playing just fine. I doubt this seriously sets back Gasol.
But with winnable games against the Knicks and Bucks upcoming, Gasol returning quickly could seriously set back the Lakers’ tanking efforts. I suspect the Lakers will be fine with Gasol taking his time.
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 10
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 17
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 11
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2
- LeBron James on Cavaliers’ struggles: “I stink” 19