Mar 24, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
Pau Gasol left the Lakers’ win over the Magic on Sunday due to dizziness and nausea, and after spending the night in a hospital, his illness has been identified.
Los Angeles Lakers center Pau Gasol has been diagnosed with vertigo.
He spent the night in a hospital, but the Lakers said an MRI of his head was normal.
Gasol will be re-examined Tuesday, but likely won’t play against the Knicks.
Tyler Hansbrough also suffered from vertigo during the 2009-10 season, and he’s still playing just fine. I doubt this seriously sets back Gasol.
But with winnable games against the Knicks and Bucks upcoming, Gasol returning quickly could seriously set back the Lakers’ tanking efforts. I suspect the Lakers will be fine with Gasol taking his time.
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 7
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9