Mar 24, 2014, 8:56 PM EDT
Pau Gasol left the Lakers’ win over the Magic on Sunday due to dizziness and nausea, and after spending the night in a hospital, his illness has been identified.
Los Angeles Lakers center Pau Gasol has been diagnosed with vertigo.
He spent the night in a hospital, but the Lakers said an MRI of his head was normal.
Gasol will be re-examined Tuesday, but likely won’t play against the Knicks.
Tyler Hansbrough also suffered from vertigo during the 2009-10 season, and he’s still playing just fine. I doubt this seriously sets back Gasol.
But with winnable games against the Knicks and Bucks upcoming, Gasol returning quickly could seriously set back the Lakers’ tanking efforts. I suspect the Lakers will be fine with Gasol taking his time.
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 27
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25