Mar 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
J.J. Hickson will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a torn ACL injury, Nuggets GM Tim Connelly announced on Saturday via official release.
The injury occurred during the fourth quarter of Friday’s loss to the Mavericks.
Hickson joined the Nuggets on a three-year deal in the offseason as a free agent, and essentially lived up to expectations. He averaged 11.8 points and 9.2 rebounds in 26.9 minutes per game this season, while starting in 52 of his 69 appearances.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 20
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8