Mar 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EST
J.J. Hickson will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a torn ACL injury, Nuggets GM Tim Connelly announced on Saturday via official release.
The injury occurred during the fourth quarter of Friday’s loss to the Mavericks.
Hickson joined the Nuggets on a three-year deal in the offseason as a free agent, and essentially lived up to expectations. He averaged 11.8 points and 9.2 rebounds in 26.9 minutes per game this season, while starting in 52 of his 69 appearances.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 7
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 21
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7