Mar 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
J.J. Hickson will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a torn ACL injury, Nuggets GM Tim Connelly announced on Saturday via official release.
The injury occurred during the fourth quarter of Friday’s loss to the Mavericks.
Hickson joined the Nuggets on a three-year deal in the offseason as a free agent, and essentially lived up to expectations. He averaged 11.8 points and 9.2 rebounds in 26.9 minutes per game this season, while starting in 52 of his 69 appearances.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 8
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 38
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3