Mar 23, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
J.J. Hickson will miss the remainder of the season after suffering a torn ACL injury, Nuggets GM Tim Connelly announced on Saturday via official release.
The injury occurred during the fourth quarter of Friday’s loss to the Mavericks.
Hickson joined the Nuggets on a three-year deal in the offseason as a free agent, and essentially lived up to expectations. He averaged 11.8 points and 9.2 rebounds in 26.9 minutes per game this season, while starting in 52 of his 69 appearances.
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 0
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 3
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 11
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23