Mar 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Drew Gooden of the Wizards has been fined $15,000 for “committing an unnecessary act by clamping Los Angeles Lakers forward/guard Nick Young’s arm and attempting to throw him to the floor,” the league announced on Saturday via official release.
The incident occurred with just over two minutes remaining in Washington’s win in L.A. on Friday.
Interesting choice of discipline here. Gooden clearly started it all with the way he yanked Young down, but Young’s retaliation and Jordan Hill‘s intervention (for which he was ejected) both escaped additional punishment.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 24
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14