Mar 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Drew Gooden of the Wizards has been fined $15,000 for “committing an unnecessary act by clamping Los Angeles Lakers forward/guard Nick Young’s arm and attempting to throw him to the floor,” the league announced on Saturday via official release.
The incident occurred with just over two minutes remaining in Washington’s win in L.A. on Friday.
Interesting choice of discipline here. Gooden clearly started it all with the way he yanked Young down, but Young’s retaliation and Jordan Hill‘s intervention (for which he was ejected) both escaped additional punishment.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 6
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 5
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 34
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 9
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40