Mar 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Drew Gooden of the Wizards has been fined $15,000 for “committing an unnecessary act by clamping Los Angeles Lakers forward/guard Nick Young’s arm and attempting to throw him to the floor,” the league announced on Saturday via official release.
The incident occurred with just over two minutes remaining in Washington’s win in L.A. on Friday.
Interesting choice of discipline here. Gooden clearly started it all with the way he yanked Young down, but Young’s retaliation and Jordan Hill‘s intervention (for which he was ejected) both escaped additional punishment.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 18
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47