Mar 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Drew Gooden of the Wizards has been fined $15,000 for “committing an unnecessary act by clamping Los Angeles Lakers forward/guard Nick Young’s arm and attempting to throw him to the floor,” the league announced on Saturday via official release.
The incident occurred with just over two minutes remaining in Washington’s win in L.A. on Friday.
Interesting choice of discipline here. Gooden clearly started it all with the way he yanked Young down, but Young’s retaliation and Jordan Hill‘s intervention (for which he was ejected) both escaped additional punishment.
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 12
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 18
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2