Mar 22, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Drew Gooden of the Wizards has been fined $15,000 for “committing an unnecessary act by clamping Los Angeles Lakers forward/guard Nick Young’s arm and attempting to throw him to the floor,” the league announced on Saturday via official release.
The incident occurred with just over two minutes remaining in Washington’s win in L.A. on Friday.
Interesting choice of discipline here. Gooden clearly started it all with the way he yanked Young down, but Young’s retaliation and Jordan Hill‘s intervention (for which he was ejected) both escaped additional punishment.
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 0
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 8
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 2
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 15
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10
- Stephen Curry hits ridiculous corner three to force OT (VIDEO) 18