Mar 22, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
It started with Drew Gooden, who had been frustrated with the perceived lack of calls going his way.
There was 2:14 left in the eventual Wizards 117-107 win over the Lakers Friday night when Gooden got tangled up with the Lakers’ Nick Young and the Wizards forward wrapped up Young’s arm and yanked it as Gooden went to the floor. Young took exception and came over to shove Gooden (already sitting on the floor), then Marcin Gortat comes over to play peacemaker, followed by the Lakers’ Jordan Hill coming in, shoving and wrapping up Gortat.
In the end the referees gave flagrant 2 fouls to Gooden and Hill and ejected them, plus gave a regular technical to Young.
None of it really impacted the outcome of the game. We will see if the league tacks fines on to the fouls for this.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 3
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 5
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 9
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 7
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 5
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 35
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 84
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 20