Mar 22, 2014, 7:59 AM EST
It started with Drew Gooden, who had been frustrated with the perceived lack of calls going his way.
There was 2:14 left in the eventual Wizards 117-107 win over the Lakers Friday night when Gooden got tangled up with the Lakers’ Nick Young and the Wizards forward wrapped up Young’s arm and yanked it as Gooden went to the floor. Young took exception and came over to shove Gooden (already sitting on the floor), then Marcin Gortat comes over to play peacemaker, followed by the Lakers’ Jordan Hill coming in, shoving and wrapping up Gortat.
In the end the referees gave flagrant 2 fouls to Gooden and Hill and ejected them, plus gave a regular technical to Young.
None of it really impacted the outcome of the game. We will see if the league tacks fines on to the fouls for this.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 2
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1