Mar 22, 2014, 7:59 AM EST
It started with Drew Gooden, who had been frustrated with the perceived lack of calls going his way.
There was 2:14 left in the eventual Wizards 117-107 win over the Lakers Friday night when Gooden got tangled up with the Lakers’ Nick Young and the Wizards forward wrapped up Young’s arm and yanked it as Gooden went to the floor. Young took exception and came over to shove Gooden (already sitting on the floor), then Marcin Gortat comes over to play peacemaker, followed by the Lakers’ Jordan Hill coming in, shoving and wrapping up Gortat.
In the end the referees gave flagrant 2 fouls to Gooden and Hill and ejected them, plus gave a regular technical to Young.
None of it really impacted the outcome of the game. We will see if the league tacks fines on to the fouls for this.
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 2
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 41
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 4
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10