Mar 22, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
It started with Drew Gooden, who had been frustrated with the perceived lack of calls going his way.
There was 2:14 left in the eventual Wizards 117-107 win over the Lakers Friday night when Gooden got tangled up with the Lakers’ Nick Young and the Wizards forward wrapped up Young’s arm and yanked it as Gooden went to the floor. Young took exception and came over to shove Gooden (already sitting on the floor), then Marcin Gortat comes over to play peacemaker, followed by the Lakers’ Jordan Hill coming in, shoving and wrapping up Gortat.
In the end the referees gave flagrant 2 fouls to Gooden and Hill and ejected them, plus gave a regular technical to Young.
None of it really impacted the outcome of the game. We will see if the league tacks fines on to the fouls for this.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 4
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 18
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14