Mar 22, 2014, 7:59 AM EDT
It started with Drew Gooden, who had been frustrated with the perceived lack of calls going his way.
There was 2:14 left in the eventual Wizards 117-107 win over the Lakers Friday night when Gooden got tangled up with the Lakers’ Nick Young and the Wizards forward wrapped up Young’s arm and yanked it as Gooden went to the floor. Young took exception and came over to shove Gooden (already sitting on the floor), then Marcin Gortat comes over to play peacemaker, followed by the Lakers’ Jordan Hill coming in, shoving and wrapping up Gortat.
In the end the referees gave flagrant 2 fouls to Gooden and Hill and ejected them, plus gave a regular technical to Young.
None of it really impacted the outcome of the game. We will see if the league tacks fines on to the fouls for this.
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 1
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 3
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 20
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 42