Mar 21, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
That is the Omer Asik we saw so much of last season — he remains one of the best defensive centers in the game. It’s why despite his contract (and the fact Houston can use him) I think some team trades for Asik this summer.
Luc Richard Mbah A Moute got the pass and was going up for the dunk midway through the third quarter Thursday night and Asik shut him down. Rejected. Everything but the finger wag.
That was just one of the highlight plays as Houston cruised to a 129-106 win over a tired Timberwolves team on the second night of a back-to-back.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 8
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3