Mar 21, 2014, 8:46 AM EDT
That is the Omer Asik we saw so much of last season — he remains one of the best defensive centers in the game. It’s why despite his contract (and the fact Houston can use him) I think some team trades for Asik this summer.
Luc Richard Mbah A Moute got the pass and was going up for the dunk midway through the third quarter Thursday night and Asik shut him down. Rejected. Everything but the finger wag.
That was just one of the highlight plays as Houston cruised to a 129-106 win over a tired Timberwolves team on the second night of a back-to-back.
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 9
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 14
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 6