Mar 21, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT
Kevin Durant ended a wild double-overtime contest against the Raptors on Friday by hitting a long three-pointer with under two seconds remaining to give the Thunder an insanely hard-fought 119-118 road victory.
Oklahoma City trailed by eight points with 49 seconds remaining in the second overtime session, before two three-pointers from Durant and one from Derek Fisher closed the game on a 9-0 run to steal the victory from the Raptors.
Durant finished with 51 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists. According to ESPN Stats & Info, the last player to put up those numbers was Michael Jordan in 1992.
The MVP debate isn’t yet over, but KD is doing everything possible to seal that door shut.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48