Mar 21, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT
Kevin Durant ended a wild double-overtime contest against the Raptors on Friday by hitting a long three-pointer with under two seconds remaining to give the Thunder an insanely hard-fought 119-118 road victory.
Oklahoma City trailed by eight points with 49 seconds remaining in the second overtime session, before two three-pointers from Durant and one from Derek Fisher closed the game on a 9-0 run to steal the victory from the Raptors.
Durant finished with 51 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists. According to ESPN Stats & Info, the last player to put up those numbers was Michael Jordan in 1992.
The MVP debate isn’t yet over, but KD is doing everything possible to seal that door shut.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68