Mar 21, 2014, 10:44 PM EDT
Kevin Durant ended a wild double-overtime contest against the Raptors on Friday by hitting a long three-pointer with under two seconds remaining to give the Thunder an insanely hard-fought 119-118 road victory.
Oklahoma City trailed by eight points with 49 seconds remaining in the second overtime session, before two three-pointers from Durant and one from Derek Fisher closed the game on a 9-0 run to steal the victory from the Raptors.
Durant finished with 51 points, 12 rebounds and seven assists. According to ESPN Stats & Info, the last player to put up those numbers was Michael Jordan in 1992.
The MVP debate isn’t yet over, but KD is doing everything possible to seal that door shut.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29