Heat present Mike Miller with his championship ring (VIDEO)

Mar 21, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT

Mike Miller was a part of the Miami Heat for both of their titles over the last two seasons, but was somewhat surprisingly waived this past summer when the team invoked the amnesty provision in a move to cut costs.

Miller was courted by the Thunder as a free agent, but ended up settling with the Grizzlies.

Memphis was in Miami on Friday, so it was time for Miller to receive his championship ring. The Heat put together a nice video tribute, which was followed up by a brief ring presentation that saw Miller mobbed by all of his former teammates at center court.

1. reddolfan66 - Mar 21, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Thanks MILLER for all the good memories!!!

2. beach305 - Mar 21, 2014 at 11:31 PM

The Heat really miss Mike Miller’s energy & gutsy play. Him making a clutch three and barley able to stand up straight was an inspiration to his teammates that would make them dig deeper for the last ounce of energy.

I don’t know how long is contract is, but I would bring him back next year.

• fanofthegame79 - Mar 22, 2014 at 8:53 AM

I’m still bitter that the Heat used the amnesty clause on Miller. He was great off the bench and could (and did) start when Wade was injured. Maybe they could have used him this year during Wade’s rest cycle.

3. 1972wasalongtimeago - Mar 21, 2014 at 11:55 PM

That was the freaking best. Grinning from ear to ear watching that.

As a loooong time South Florida sports fan (but just not quite long enough to really remember the 70-73 Dolphins, my first memories are from 74, lucky me), this Miami Heat team has been the best experience a sports fan down here could ever ever pray for. How could anything top this? I don’t think anything ever will.

• miamatt - Mar 22, 2014 at 12:22 AM

You said it. Whatever happens moving forward, these Heat teams will hold a place in Miami sports lore akin to the ’72 Dolphins an the ’80s Canes dynasty.

• beach305 - Mar 22, 2014 at 12:24 AM

I’m sure I saw the Dolphins earlier, but by first memories of the them was that 1977 game in which Conrad Dobler threw his helmet in the air. I’m actually probably the only person in south Florida that liked David Woodley.

4. seattlesuperchronic - Mar 22, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Seeing much everyone loves Miller makes me like him even more. That was a nice video and celebration.

5. 00maltliquor - Mar 22, 2014 at 6:54 AM

Did everyone forget Miller trying to sue the Heat organization or am I on some “fun”boy ish? Please educate me!

• jimeejohnson - Mar 22, 2014 at 10:48 AM

After a few malt liquors, I will.

• miamatt - Mar 22, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Miller fired his attorneys and withdrew his complaint.

6. antistratfordian - Mar 22, 2014 at 5:22 PM

That was awesome – all warmsies and fuzzles.

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches