Mar 21, 2014, 10:36 PM EDT
Mike Miller was a part of the Miami Heat for both of their titles over the last two seasons, but was somewhat surprisingly waived this past summer when the team invoked the amnesty provision in a move to cut costs.
Miller was courted by the Thunder as a free agent, but ended up settling with the Grizzlies.
Memphis was in Miami on Friday, so it was time for Miller to receive his championship ring. The Heat put together a nice video tribute, which was followed up by a brief ring presentation that saw Miller mobbed by all of his former teammates at center court.
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 61
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 12
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32