Mar 20, 2014, 4:47 PM EST
If you haven’t noticed on twitter today because you were watching Dayton screw up your bracket, the company put up a new feature where you can check out the first tweet from any account. For example, mine was a reply to the wise Eric Freeman of Ball Don’t Lie and other assorted spots on the Web, replying to him about how I love getting to use this NBA on NBC avitar.
It was way better than the first tweet of the Portland Trail Blazers account (as first noted by Dan Devine at the aforementioned Ball Don’t Lie).
(If you’re about to look it up, that was when they drafted Greg Oden in front of Kevin Durant. By the way, any GM that says today they would have taken Durant first is lying or remembering history wrong, everyone was talking up Oden. Everyone.)
Most of the other first tweets from NBA teams are banal. The Clippers just announce a game. A few teams like the Hawks just said they were trying it out. The Heat went with a lame catchphrase. And the Lakers would like you to know it is actually them, for reals.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 16
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11