Mar 20, 2014, 4:47 PM EDT
If you haven’t noticed on twitter today because you were watching Dayton screw up your bracket, the company put up a new feature where you can check out the first tweet from any account. For example, mine was a reply to the wise Eric Freeman of Ball Don’t Lie and other assorted spots on the Web, replying to him about how I love getting to use this NBA on NBC avitar.
It was way better than the first tweet of the Portland Trail Blazers account (as first noted by Dan Devine at the aforementioned Ball Don’t Lie).
Being excited after getting the #1 draft pick in the 2007 NBA Draft.—
Trail Blazers (@trailblazers) May 28, 2007
(If you’re about to look it up, that was when they drafted Greg Oden in front of Kevin Durant. By the way, any GM that says today they would have taken Durant first is lying or remembering history wrong, everyone was talking up Oden. Everyone.)
Most of the other first tweets from NBA teams are banal. The Clippers just announce a game. A few teams like the Hawks just said they were trying it out. The Heat went with a lame catchphrase. And the Lakers would like you to know it is actually them, for reals.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6