Mar 20, 2014, 4:47 PM EST
If you haven’t noticed on twitter today because you were watching Dayton screw up your bracket, the company put up a new feature where you can check out the first tweet from any account. For example, mine was a reply to the wise Eric Freeman of Ball Don’t Lie and other assorted spots on the Web, replying to him about how I love getting to use this NBA on NBC avitar.
It was way better than the first tweet of the Portland Trail Blazers account (as first noted by Dan Devine at the aforementioned Ball Don’t Lie).
(If you’re about to look it up, that was when they drafted Greg Oden in front of Kevin Durant. By the way, any GM that says today they would have taken Durant first is lying or remembering history wrong, everyone was talking up Oden. Everyone.)
Most of the other first tweets from NBA teams are banal. The Clippers just announce a game. A few teams like the Hawks just said they were trying it out. The Heat went with a lame catchphrase. And the Lakers would like you to know it is actually them, for reals.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Thunder don’t look like playoff team yet 0
- Report: Hornets, Nets talking possible Lance Stephenson for Joe Johnson trade 6
- Hassan Whiteside posts 14-point, 13-rebound, 12-block triple-double in Heat win over Bulls (VIDEO) 30
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 46
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20