Mar 20, 2014, 3:59 PM EST
The Clippers won 11 in a row before a “schedule loss” (second night of a back-to-back at altitude against a rested Denver team). In the last 10 games they have had the best defense in the NBA and have been outscoring teams by 14.8 points per 100 possessions.
And now they are just about to get healthy.
Both Jamal Crawford and J.J. Redick returned to the Clippers practice court on Thursday, reports Dan Woike of the Orange County Register (the man with the best shoe collection of any beat writer in the league):
When they get back it will give the Clippers better shooting, better shot creation and real depth out on the wings. It will give Doc Rivers more line-up/match-up options.
They may be a step behind Oklahoma City and San Antonio in the West, but it’s not a big step anymore. Not the way the Clippers are defending with Chris Paul back in the lineup. This team has a real shot at making the NBA finals.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 45
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 24
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10