Mar 20, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
The Clippers won 11 in a row before a “schedule loss” (second night of a back-to-back at altitude against a rested Denver team). In the last 10 games they have had the best defense in the NBA and have been outscoring teams by 14.8 points per 100 possessions.
And now they are just about to get healthy.
Both Jamal Crawford and J.J. Redick returned to the Clippers practice court on Thursday, reports Dan Woike of the Orange County Register (the man with the best shoe collection of any beat writer in the league):
Jamal Crawford and JJ Redick will both practice today, per Doc Rivers.—
Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) March 20, 2014
When they get back it will give the Clippers better shooting, better shot creation and real depth out on the wings. It will give Doc Rivers more line-up/match-up options.
They may be a step behind Oklahoma City and San Antonio in the West, but it’s not a big step anymore. Not the way the Clippers are defending with Chris Paul back in the lineup. This team has a real shot at making the NBA finals.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61