Mar 20, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
The Clippers won 11 in a row before a “schedule loss” (second night of a back-to-back at altitude against a rested Denver team). In the last 10 games they have had the best defense in the NBA and have been outscoring teams by 14.8 points per 100 possessions.
And now they are just about to get healthy.
Both Jamal Crawford and J.J. Redick returned to the Clippers practice court on Thursday, reports Dan Woike of the Orange County Register (the man with the best shoe collection of any beat writer in the league):
Jamal Crawford and JJ Redick will both practice today, per Doc Rivers.—
Dan Woike (@DanWoikeSports) March 20, 2014
When they get back it will give the Clippers better shooting, better shot creation and real depth out on the wings. It will give Doc Rivers more line-up/match-up options.
They may be a step behind Oklahoma City and San Antonio in the West, but it’s not a big step anymore. Not the way the Clippers are defending with Chris Paul back in the lineup. This team has a real shot at making the NBA finals.
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 12
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22