Mar 20, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
The Clippers won 11 in a row before a “schedule loss” (second night of a back-to-back at altitude against a rested Denver team). In the last 10 games they have had the best defense in the NBA and have been outscoring teams by 14.8 points per 100 possessions.
And now they are just about to get healthy.
Both Jamal Crawford and J.J. Redick returned to the Clippers practice court on Thursday, reports Dan Woike of the Orange County Register (the man with the best shoe collection of any beat writer in the league):
When they get back it will give the Clippers better shooting, better shot creation and real depth out on the wings. It will give Doc Rivers more line-up/match-up options.
They may be a step behind Oklahoma City and San Antonio in the West, but it’s not a big step anymore. Not the way the Clippers are defending with Chris Paul back in the lineup. This team has a real shot at making the NBA finals.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 6
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35