Mar 20, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
The Clippers won 11 in a row before a “schedule loss” (second night of a back-to-back at altitude against a rested Denver team). In the last 10 games they have had the best defense in the NBA and have been outscoring teams by 14.8 points per 100 possessions.
And now they are just about to get healthy.
Both Jamal Crawford and J.J. Redick returned to the Clippers practice court on Thursday, reports Dan Woike of the Orange County Register (the man with the best shoe collection of any beat writer in the league):
When they get back it will give the Clippers better shooting, better shot creation and real depth out on the wings. It will give Doc Rivers more line-up/match-up options.
They may be a step behind Oklahoma City and San Antonio in the West, but it’s not a big step anymore. Not the way the Clippers are defending with Chris Paul back in the lineup. This team has a real shot at making the NBA finals.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 17
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19