Mar 19, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
Knicks fans welcomed new President of Basketball Operations Phil Jackson to New York with a wild standing ovation.
They also greet Jackson with unrealistic expectations — the mess this roster has become cannot be made right overnight, or even over one summer. It’s going to take a little time.
We don’t know yet if Jackson can thrive as an executive, as a coach he made some… let’s just say “interesting” pushes to get players. He’s not going to be perfect. That said if he is in charge and the basketball people are making basketball decisions while James Dolan stays on the sideline playing in his band things will be better than they have been the past few years.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 12
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 12
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8