Mar 19, 2014, 11:06 PM EST
Knicks fans welcomed new President of Basketball Operations Phil Jackson to New York with a wild standing ovation.
They also greet Jackson with unrealistic expectations — the mess this roster has become cannot be made right overnight, or even over one summer. It’s going to take a little time.
We don’t know yet if Jackson can thrive as an executive, as a coach he made some… let’s just say “interesting” pushes to get players. He’s not going to be perfect. That said if he is in charge and the basketball people are making basketball decisions while James Dolan stays on the sideline playing in his band things will be better than they have been the past few years.
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 6
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 9
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 11
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 26
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 30
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9