Mar 19, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
Knicks fans welcomed new President of Basketball Operations Phil Jackson to New York with a wild standing ovation.
They also greet Jackson with unrealistic expectations — the mess this roster has become cannot be made right overnight, or even over one summer. It’s going to take a little time.
We don’t know yet if Jackson can thrive as an executive, as a coach he made some… let’s just say “interesting” pushes to get players. He’s not going to be perfect. That said if he is in charge and the basketball people are making basketball decisions while James Dolan stays on the sideline playing in his band things will be better than they have been the past few years.
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 2
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 2
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23