Mar 19, 2014, 11:06 PM EDT
Knicks fans welcomed new President of Basketball Operations Phil Jackson to New York with a wild standing ovation.
They also greet Jackson with unrealistic expectations — the mess this roster has become cannot be made right overnight, or even over one summer. It’s going to take a little time.
We don’t know yet if Jackson can thrive as an executive, as a coach he made some… let’s just say “interesting” pushes to get players. He’s not going to be perfect. That said if he is in charge and the basketball people are making basketball decisions while James Dolan stays on the sideline playing in his band things will be better than they have been the past few years.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38