Mar 19, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
For a lot of NBA fans, the NCAA Tournament is when we form our strongest opinions of players — we see guys lead their team deep into the tournament (and screw up our brackets) and we want our teams to draft them.
For NBA scouts and GMs it doesn’t work that way — their opinions are largely formed by the time the tournament starts. Only a foolish executive makes major changes in his draft board based on tournament play (we’re looking at you, Michael Jordan).
In today’s PBT Extra Kay Adams — wearing green for her beloved Michigan State — and I talk about Kansas’ Andrew Wiggins and how he’s pretty much always been the No. 1 pick this season despite what some fans thought. Then we talk Marcus Smart, one guy on the cusp of the top 5 who could do himself some good.
After that it’s a couple of guys that scouts are torn on and who could so some good in the tournament — T.J. Warren of North Carolina State and Kyle Anderson of UCLA.
Keep checking back with PBT over the next 48 hours as we post a lot about NBA draft prospects you should watch in the NCAA tournament, with the help of Ed Isaacson of NBADraftBlog.com.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27