Mar 19, 2014, 4:58 PM EST
For a lot of NBA fans, the NCAA Tournament is when we form our strongest opinions of players — we see guys lead their team deep into the tournament (and screw up our brackets) and we want our teams to draft them.
For NBA scouts and GMs it doesn’t work that way — their opinions are largely formed by the time the tournament starts. Only a foolish executive makes major changes in his draft board based on tournament play (we’re looking at you, Michael Jordan).
In today’s PBT Extra Kay Adams — wearing green for her beloved Michigan State — and I talk about Kansas’ Andrew Wiggins and how he’s pretty much always been the No. 1 pick this season despite what some fans thought. Then we talk Marcus Smart, one guy on the cusp of the top 5 who could do himself some good.
After that it’s a couple of guys that scouts are torn on and who could so some good in the tournament — T.J. Warren of North Carolina State and Kyle Anderson of UCLA.
Keep checking back with PBT over the next 48 hours as we post a lot about NBA draft prospects you should watch in the NCAA tournament, with the help of Ed Isaacson of NBADraftBlog.com.
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 5
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 6
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 17
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 17
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 4
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 23
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13
- Tyson Chandler says he feels sorry for Carmelo Anthony 19