Mar 19, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
For a lot of NBA fans, the NCAA Tournament is when we form our strongest opinions of players — we see guys lead their team deep into the tournament (and screw up our brackets) and we want our teams to draft them.
For NBA scouts and GMs it doesn’t work that way — their opinions are largely formed by the time the tournament starts. Only a foolish executive makes major changes in his draft board based on tournament play (we’re looking at you, Michael Jordan).
In today’s PBT Extra Kay Adams — wearing green for her beloved Michigan State — and I talk about Kansas’ Andrew Wiggins and how he’s pretty much always been the No. 1 pick this season despite what some fans thought. Then we talk Marcus Smart, one guy on the cusp of the top 5 who could do himself some good.
After that it’s a couple of guys that scouts are torn on and who could so some good in the tournament — T.J. Warren of North Carolina State and Kyle Anderson of UCLA.
Keep checking back with PBT over the next 48 hours as we post a lot about NBA draft prospects you should watch in the NCAA tournament, with the help of Ed Isaacson of NBADraftBlog.com.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50