Mar 19, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
For a lot of NBA fans, the NCAA Tournament is when we form our strongest opinions of players — we see guys lead their team deep into the tournament (and screw up our brackets) and we want our teams to draft them.
For NBA scouts and GMs it doesn’t work that way — their opinions are largely formed by the time the tournament starts. Only a foolish executive makes major changes in his draft board based on tournament play (we’re looking at you, Michael Jordan).
In today’s PBT Extra Kay Adams — wearing green for her beloved Michigan State — and I talk about Kansas’ Andrew Wiggins and how he’s pretty much always been the No. 1 pick this season despite what some fans thought. Then we talk Marcus Smart, one guy on the cusp of the top 5 who could do himself some good.
After that it’s a couple of guys that scouts are torn on and who could so some good in the tournament — T.J. Warren of North Carolina State and Kyle Anderson of UCLA.
Keep checking back with PBT over the next 48 hours as we post a lot about NBA draft prospects you should watch in the NCAA tournament, with the help of Ed Isaacson of NBADraftBlog.com.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 10
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 52
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 41
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3