Mar 19, 2014, 4:58 PM EDT
For a lot of NBA fans, the NCAA Tournament is when we form our strongest opinions of players — we see guys lead their team deep into the tournament (and screw up our brackets) and we want our teams to draft them.
For NBA scouts and GMs it doesn’t work that way — their opinions are largely formed by the time the tournament starts. Only a foolish executive makes major changes in his draft board based on tournament play (we’re looking at you, Michael Jordan).
In today’s PBT Extra Kay Adams — wearing green for her beloved Michigan State — and I talk about Kansas’ Andrew Wiggins and how he’s pretty much always been the No. 1 pick this season despite what some fans thought. Then we talk Marcus Smart, one guy on the cusp of the top 5 who could do himself some good.
After that it’s a couple of guys that scouts are torn on and who could so some good in the tournament — T.J. Warren of North Carolina State and Kyle Anderson of UCLA.
Keep checking back with PBT over the next 48 hours as we post a lot about NBA draft prospects you should watch in the NCAA tournament, with the help of Ed Isaacson of NBADraftBlog.com.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6