Mar 19, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
A night after dropping 43 on the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James will be taking a night off in Boston.
Yes, back spasms. That or they may just be resting him some games here and there the rest of the way out to make sure he is good to go come the playoffs.
Back spasms or no expect to see a lot of this the rest of the way this season — now is the time teams start to rest guys games here and there to make sure they are as ready to go as possible come the playoffs.
LeBron has looked like he could use a night off — he has had a lot of games lately like the one against the Cavaliers where he dropped 25 points in the first quarter but seemed tired and to fade a little as the game wore on. He has carried a heavy load for the Heat this season but he and the Heat know the real season starts mid-April. That’s when he needs to be ready to go, not in Boston in March.
Always sucks for fans who paid a premium ticket price to see him play, however.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 12
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29