Mar 19, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
A night after dropping 43 on the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James will be taking a night off in Boston.
Yes, back spasms. That or they may just be resting him some games here and there the rest of the way out to make sure he is good to go come the playoffs.
Back spasms or no expect to see a lot of this the rest of the way this season — now is the time teams start to rest guys games here and there to make sure they are as ready to go as possible come the playoffs.
LeBron has looked like he could use a night off — he has had a lot of games lately like the one against the Cavaliers where he dropped 25 points in the first quarter but seemed tired and to fade a little as the game wore on. He has carried a heavy load for the Heat this season but he and the Heat know the real season starts mid-April. That’s when he needs to be ready to go, not in Boston in March.
Always sucks for fans who paid a premium ticket price to see him play, however.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 8
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12