Mar 19, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
A night after dropping 43 on the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James will be taking a night off in Boston.
Yes, back spasms. That or they may just be resting him some games here and there the rest of the way out to make sure he is good to go come the playoffs.
Back spasms or no expect to see a lot of this the rest of the way this season — now is the time teams start to rest guys games here and there to make sure they are as ready to go as possible come the playoffs.
LeBron has looked like he could use a night off — he has had a lot of games lately like the one against the Cavaliers where he dropped 25 points in the first quarter but seemed tired and to fade a little as the game wore on. He has carried a heavy load for the Heat this season but he and the Heat know the real season starts mid-April. That’s when he needs to be ready to go, not in Boston in March.
Always sucks for fans who paid a premium ticket price to see him play, however.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 7
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4