Mar 19, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
A night after dropping 43 on the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James will be taking a night off in Boston.
Yes, back spasms. That or they may just be resting him some games here and there the rest of the way out to make sure he is good to go come the playoffs.
Back spasms or no expect to see a lot of this the rest of the way this season — now is the time teams start to rest guys games here and there to make sure they are as ready to go as possible come the playoffs.
LeBron has looked like he could use a night off — he has had a lot of games lately like the one against the Cavaliers where he dropped 25 points in the first quarter but seemed tired and to fade a little as the game wore on. He has carried a heavy load for the Heat this season but he and the Heat know the real season starts mid-April. That’s when he needs to be ready to go, not in Boston in March.
Always sucks for fans who paid a premium ticket price to see him play, however.
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6