Mar 19, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
A night after dropping 43 on the Cleveland Cavaliers, LeBron James will be taking a night off in Boston.
Yes, back spasms. That or they may just be resting him some games here and there the rest of the way out to make sure he is good to go come the playoffs.
LeBron was eating burgers and ice cream (McDonald's of course) and not getting stretched pregame. He wasn't exactly in game-night mode.—
Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) March 19, 2014
Back spasms or no expect to see a lot of this the rest of the way this season — now is the time teams start to rest guys games here and there to make sure they are as ready to go as possible come the playoffs.
LeBron has looked like he could use a night off — he has had a lot of games lately like the one against the Cavaliers where he dropped 25 points in the first quarter but seemed tired and to fade a little as the game wore on. He has carried a heavy load for the Heat this season but he and the Heat know the real season starts mid-April. That’s when he needs to be ready to go, not in Boston in March.
Always sucks for fans who paid a premium ticket price to see him play, however.
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 0
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 18
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 46
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 59
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 72
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 40
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3