Mar 18, 2014, 9:45 AM EST
The Cavaliers have lost most of their home games this season, but if there’s one thing they’ve done right on their own court this season, it’s this.
During Zydrunas Ilgauskas’ jersey-retirement ceremony, the Cavaliers projected this awesome special-effects/highlight package on the court.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Had the Cavaliers played this up more in advance, LeBron James’ controversial return to Cleveland for the ceremony would have flown under the radar.
Now, the Cavaliers ought to start using this technology during games. Imagine how opponents would react if the court randomly popped like it did 15 seconds into that video, Perfection style.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 12
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 20
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16