Mar 18, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
The Cavaliers have lost most of their home games this season, but if there’s one thing they’ve done right on their own court this season, it’s this.
During Zydrunas Ilgauskas’ jersey-retirement ceremony, the Cavaliers projected this awesome special-effects/highlight package on the court.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Had the Cavaliers played this up more in advance, LeBron James’ controversial return to Cleveland for the ceremony would have flown under the radar.
Now, the Cavaliers ought to start using this technology during games. Imagine how opponents would react if the court randomly popped like it did 15 seconds into that video, Perfection style.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 10
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 12
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 6
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7