Mar 18, 2014, 9:45 AM EDT
The Cavaliers have lost most of their home games this season, but if there’s one thing they’ve done right on their own court this season, it’s this.
During Zydrunas Ilgauskas’ jersey-retirement ceremony, the Cavaliers projected this awesome special-effects/highlight package on the court.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Had the Cavaliers played this up more in advance, LeBron James’ controversial return to Cleveland for the ceremony would have flown under the radar.
Now, the Cavaliers ought to start using this technology during games. Imagine how opponents would react if the court randomly popped like it did 15 seconds into that video, Perfection style.
- Cavaliers complete sweep of Hawks, advance to NBA Finals 40
- Kyrie Irving back in Cavaliers lineup for Game 4 vs. Hawks 5
- NBA: No Game 5 suspension for Dwight Howard, flagrant-1 for hit on Andrew Bogut stands as called 18
- Report: Kyle Korver to have surgery on his ankle 5
- PBT Podcast: We’re back (finally), talking Curry, Harden, and what should be a Flagrant Foul 0
- PBT Extra: Will Dwight Howard’s foul on Bogut be upgraded to a Flagrant 2? Should it? 13
- PBT Extra: Horford/Dellavedova incident ups tension in Hawks/Cavaliers Game 4 10
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 6