Mar 18, 2014, 2:01 PM EDT
These are some highlights of Phil Jackson’s comments at the press conference Tuesday in Manhattan where he was introduced as the president of the New York Knicks.
He focused his comments heavily on team building and culture building in the organization — attracting star talent to New York will never be the issue, what the Knicks have lacked is any kind of consistent structure to support that talent. Particularly in the past decade or so. Jackson looks to change that.
Jackson also talked Carmelo Anthony and how he is part of the future in New York (Anthony can and will opt out of the final year of his contract this summer but could re-sign with the Knicks). Jackson also said the right things about Mike Woodson but in no way committed to keeping him around after this season. Because we all know he will not.
- 67RIEFNS: Warriors starters with Draymond Green 0
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 12
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70