Mar 18, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
LeBron James scored 25 points in the first quarter of the Heat’s game against the Cavaliers on Tuesday. That would put him on pace to score – hmm, let’s see, carry the one – 100.
It seems that would match a record or something.
LeBron shot 10-for-11, including 5-of-6 on 3-pointers, in the opening period.
He scored “just” six points in the second quarter, dropping him well behind the Wilt Chamberlain’s pace. Still, he finished with 43 points against his former team.
LeBron’s final 18 points weren’t exactly exception, but here’s video of his masterful first 25:
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 33
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 8
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23