Mar 18, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
LeBron James scored 25 points in the first quarter of the Heat’s game against the Cavaliers on Tuesday. That would put him on pace to score – hmm, let’s see, carry the one – 100.
It seems that would match a record or something.
LeBron shot 10-for-11, including 5-of-6 on 3-pointers, in the opening period.
He scored “just” six points in the second quarter, dropping him well behind the Wilt Chamberlain’s pace. Still, he finished with 43 points against his former team.
LeBron’s final 18 points weren’t exactly exception, but here’s video of his masterful first 25:
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 0
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 6
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 11
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 27
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 67
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 23