Mar 18, 2014, 8:36 PM EDT
LeBron James scored 25 points in the first quarter of the Heat’s game against the Cavaliers on Tuesday. That would put him on pace to score – hmm, let’s see, carry the one – 100.
It seems that would match a record or something.
LeBron shot 10-for-11, including 5-of-6 on 3-pointers, in the opening period.
He scored “just” six points in the second quarter, dropping him well behind the Wilt Chamberlain’s pace. Still, he finished with 43 points against his former team.
LeBron’s final 18 points weren’t exactly exception, but here’s video of his masterful first 25:
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 22
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 26
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4