Mar 18, 2014, 5:38 PM EST
Okay basketball gods, you have exacted your pound of flesh from the Lakers this season. They already are eliminated from the playoffs, they have lost more man games to injury than any other team. They have been embarrassed. You can back off now.
Except they are not.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
That will leave Kendall Marshall getting the bulk of the minutes at the point (Steve Nash says he wants to try and play again this season but don’t expect it). Jodie Meeks will play both the one and the two and get a lot of ball handling responsibilities, and MarShon Brooks will get the chance to create as well.
All of this could only help the Lakers’ lottery odds, which is what they should focus on.
- What rust? Russell Westbrook returns, puts up 32 points in 24 minutes (VIDEO) 2
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 3
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8