Mar 18, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
Okay basketball gods, you have exacted your pound of flesh from the Lakers this season. They already are eliminated from the playoffs, they have lost more man games to injury than any other team. They have been embarrassed. You can back off now.
Except they are not.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
That will leave Kendall Marshall getting the bulk of the minutes at the point (Steve Nash says he wants to try and play again this season but don’t expect it). Jodie Meeks will play both the one and the two and get a lot of ball handling responsibilities, and MarShon Brooks will get the chance to create as well.
All of this could only help the Lakers’ lottery odds, which is what they should focus on.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 35
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13