Mar 18, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
Okay basketball gods, you have exacted your pound of flesh from the Lakers this season. They already are eliminated from the playoffs, they have lost more man games to injury than any other team. They have been embarrassed. You can back off now.
Except they are not.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
That will leave Kendall Marshall getting the bulk of the minutes at the point (Steve Nash says he wants to try and play again this season but don’t expect it). Jodie Meeks will play both the one and the two and get a lot of ball handling responsibilities, and MarShon Brooks will get the chance to create as well.
All of this could only help the Lakers’ lottery odds, which is what they should focus on.
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 9
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 46
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16