Mar 18, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
Okay basketball gods, you have exacted your pound of flesh from the Lakers this season. They already are eliminated from the playoffs, they have lost more man games to injury than any other team. They have been embarrassed. You can back off now.
Except they are not.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
That will leave Kendall Marshall getting the bulk of the minutes at the point (Steve Nash says he wants to try and play again this season but don’t expect it). Jodie Meeks will play both the one and the two and get a lot of ball handling responsibilities, and MarShon Brooks will get the chance to create as well.
All of this could only help the Lakers’ lottery odds, which is what they should focus on.
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 17
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 36
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 6
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2