Mar 18, 2014, 5:38 PM EDT
Okay basketball gods, you have exacted your pound of flesh from the Lakers this season. They already are eliminated from the playoffs, they have lost more man games to injury than any other team. They have been embarrassed. You can back off now.
Except they are not.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $60,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Tuesday night’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Tuesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
That will leave Kendall Marshall getting the bulk of the minutes at the point (Steve Nash says he wants to try and play again this season but don’t expect it). Jodie Meeks will play both the one and the two and get a lot of ball handling responsibilities, and MarShon Brooks will get the chance to create as well.
All of this could only help the Lakers’ lottery odds, which is what they should focus on.
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 16
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 26
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 29
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40