Mar 18, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
A vehicle registered to former Pistons great Ben Wallace – who also played for the Cavaliers, Bulls and Wizards/Bullets – was involved in a crash in Virginia last month. According to a witness, the SUV hit a residential fence, and a tall man angrily hit wood against the fence then left the vehicle behind.
Now, Wallace, who previously pleaded guilty to drunk driving and possessing a firearm while under the influence of alcohol in a separate 2011 incident in Michigan, will pay for whatever happened in February.
Former NBA and Virginia Union University basketball star Ben Wallace entered a plea of no contest after he was arrested Tuesday for leaving the scene of a February car crash.
Wallace received a one year jail sentence.
The Henrico County judge suspended all but two days of the sentence. Wallace started serving his two day sentence Tuesday.
This is just sad. Wallace frequently spoke about becoming a lawyer after his playing days. No doubt, these incidents will harm his ability to pursue that goal.
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 50
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 25
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 13
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10