Mar 18, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
A vehicle registered to former Pistons great Ben Wallace – who also played for the Cavaliers, Bulls and Wizards/Bullets – was involved in a crash in Virginia last month. According to a witness, the SUV hit a residential fence, and a tall man angrily hit wood against the fence then left the vehicle behind.
Now, Wallace, who previously pleaded guilty to drunk driving and possessing a firearm while under the influence of alcohol in a separate 2011 incident in Michigan, will pay for whatever happened in February.
Former NBA and Virginia Union University basketball star Ben Wallace entered a plea of no contest after he was arrested Tuesday for leaving the scene of a February car crash.
Wallace received a one year jail sentence.
The Henrico County judge suspended all but two days of the sentence. Wallace started serving his two day sentence Tuesday.
This is just sad. Wallace frequently spoke about becoming a lawyer after his playing days. No doubt, these incidents will harm his ability to pursue that goal.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4