Mar 18, 2014, 6:33 PM EST
A vehicle registered to former Pistons great Ben Wallace – who also played for the Cavaliers, Bulls and Wizards/Bullets – was involved in a crash in Virginia last month. According to a witness, the SUV hit a residential fence, and a tall man angrily hit wood against the fence then left the vehicle behind.
Now, Wallace, who previously pleaded guilty to drunk driving and possessing a firearm while under the influence of alcohol in a separate 2011 incident in Michigan, will pay for whatever happened in February.
Former NBA and Virginia Union University basketball star Ben Wallace entered a plea of no contest after he was arrested Tuesday for leaving the scene of a February car crash.
Wallace received a one year jail sentence.
The Henrico County judge suspended all but two days of the sentence. Wallace started serving his two day sentence Tuesday.
This is just sad. Wallace frequently spoke about becoming a lawyer after his playing days. No doubt, these incidents will harm his ability to pursue that goal.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16