Mar 18, 2014, 6:33 PM EDT
A vehicle registered to former Pistons great Ben Wallace – who also played for the Cavaliers, Bulls and Wizards/Bullets – was involved in a crash in Virginia last month. According to a witness, the SUV hit a residential fence, and a tall man angrily hit wood against the fence then left the vehicle behind.
Now, Wallace, who previously pleaded guilty to drunk driving and possessing a firearm while under the influence of alcohol in a separate 2011 incident in Michigan, will pay for whatever happened in February.
Former NBA and Virginia Union University basketball star Ben Wallace entered a plea of no contest after he was arrested Tuesday for leaving the scene of a February car crash.
Wallace received a one year jail sentence.
The Henrico County judge suspended all but two days of the sentence. Wallace started serving his two day sentence Tuesday.
This is just sad. Wallace frequently spoke about becoming a lawyer after his playing days. No doubt, these incidents will harm his ability to pursue that goal.
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 2
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 5
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 9
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 33
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 25
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 7