Mar 17, 2014, 10:51 AM EST
Anthony Davis was a beast Sunday night as New Orleans hosted Boston.
He had 40 points on 22 shots, including a key free throw line jumper that looked like it might be a game winner (you can see that below, it looked like the game winner until Kris Humphries tied it up again… yes, Kris Humphries).
On the night Davis was 9-of-10 when he got to the rim and shot, but he was a respectable 4-of-9 from the midrange as well — when he can hit those shots consistently he becomes almost impossible to stop.
Oh, and just a reminder Davis is 21 and in just his second NBA season. He is just figuring out how good he can be.
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 0
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 5
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 16