Mar 17, 2014, 10:51 AM EST
Anthony Davis was a beast Sunday night as New Orleans hosted Boston.
He had 40 points on 22 shots, including a key free throw line jumper that looked like it might be a game winner (you can see that below, it looked like the game winner until Kris Humphries tied it up again… yes, Kris Humphries).
On the night Davis was 9-of-10 when he got to the rim and shot, but he was a respectable 4-of-9 from the midrange as well — when he can hit those shots consistently he becomes almost impossible to stop.
Oh, and just a reminder Davis is 21 and in just his second NBA season. He is just figuring out how good he can be.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 0
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 2
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13