Mar 17, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Rodney Hood transferred to Duke from Mississippi State seeking a fresh start.
The move worked so well, he’ll probably start anew in another league next season. At least that’s what his coach, who’d be in position to know, expects.
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, via Daniel Carp of The Chronicle:
“I wish we had him for more than one year, because the growth that he’s had in this year is terrific, and it’s because he wants to be coached and he takes responsibility,” Krzyzewski said. “Anybody’s who’s willing to take responsibility for his or her actions usually does better, and that’s what Rodney does.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Hood stands 6-foot-8 and shoots 41 percent on 3-pointers. That combination will definitely earn him an NBA look. If the rest of his game fills in, he could have a really nice career.
Most projections have him going in the middle of the first round, and that sounds about right. He’d be an excellent fit on good teams seeking a role player, but teams picking in the lottery tend to value more all-around players.
Either way, Hood is a strong prospect who stands to cash in once his strong collegiate season ends.
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 0
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 31
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 31
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61