Mar 17, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT
Rodney Hood transferred to Duke from Mississippi State seeking a fresh start.
The move worked so well, he’ll probably start anew in another league next season. At least that’s what his coach, who’d be in position to know, expects.
Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski, via Daniel Carp of The Chronicle:
“I wish we had him for more than one year, because the growth that he’s had in this year is terrific, and it’s because he wants to be coached and he takes responsibility,” Krzyzewski said. “Anybody’s who’s willing to take responsibility for his or her actions usually does better, and that’s what Rodney does.”
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Hood stands 6-foot-8 and shoots 41 percent on 3-pointers. That combination will definitely earn him an NBA look. If the rest of his game fills in, he could have a really nice career.
Most projections have him going in the middle of the first round, and that sounds about right. He’d be an excellent fit on good teams seeking a role player, but teams picking in the lottery tend to value more all-around players.
Either way, Hood is a strong prospect who stands to cash in once his strong collegiate season ends.
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 4
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winers start with Lakers 22
- Stephen Curry, LeBron James unanimous choices, lead All-NBA First Team 24
- Rockets vs. Warriors Game 2: Five things to watch 8
- Hawks face uphill climb after DeMarre Carroll injury 10