Mar 17, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
The good news is that after the hospital doctors got a look at Andre Drummond following the collision above, they ruled out anything serious — no concussion, no spine injuries.
Still he injured his neck and will be out, missing Wednesday’s game in Denver and questionable for Friday in Phoenix, the team announced. It sounds as if he might not miss too much time.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Which is not necessarily good news — in the current draft order the Pistons would pick 8th. If their pick is 9 or lower it goes to the Bobcats (part of the Ben Gordon trade, if the Bobcats don’t get it this year they get it next year unless the Pistons have the No. 1 pick). At this point, the Pistons are not making the playoffs, which means they should make sure they get that top 8 pick. Call it tanking if you want, I think getting good players is a smart strategy.
So let Drummond have a few games off on this road trip West. He’s your franchise big man going forward no reason to rush him back (and there are better reasons not to).
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 0
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 36