Mar 17, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
The good news is that after the hospital doctors got a look at Andre Drummond following the collision above, they ruled out anything serious — no concussion, no spine injuries.
Still he injured his neck and will be out, missing Wednesday’s game in Denver and questionable for Friday in Phoenix, the team announced. It sounds as if he might not miss too much time.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Which is not necessarily good news — in the current draft order the Pistons would pick 8th. If their pick is 9 or lower it goes to the Bobcats (part of the Ben Gordon trade, if the Bobcats don’t get it this year they get it next year unless the Pistons have the No. 1 pick). At this point, the Pistons are not making the playoffs, which means they should make sure they get that top 8 pick. Call it tanking if you want, I think getting good players is a smart strategy.
So let Drummond have a few games off on this road trip West. He’s your franchise big man going forward no reason to rush him back (and there are better reasons not to).
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 0
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 13
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 16
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25