Mar 17, 2014, 3:27 PM EDT
The good news is that after the hospital doctors got a look at Andre Drummond following the collision above, they ruled out anything serious — no concussion, no spine injuries.
Still he injured his neck and will be out, missing Wednesday’s game in Denver and questionable for Friday in Phoenix, the team announced. It sounds as if he might not miss too much time.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $70,000 Fantasy Basketball league for Monday’s games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $8,500. Starts at 7pm ET on Monday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
Which is not necessarily good news — in the current draft order the Pistons would pick 8th. If their pick is 9 or lower it goes to the Bobcats (part of the Ben Gordon trade, if the Bobcats don’t get it this year they get it next year unless the Pistons have the No. 1 pick). At this point, the Pistons are not making the playoffs, which means they should make sure they get that top 8 pick. Call it tanking if you want, I think getting good players is a smart strategy.
So let Drummond have a few games off on this road trip West. He’s your franchise big man going forward no reason to rush him back (and there are better reasons not to).
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 0
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 24
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 39
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 30
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 15
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 58
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91